This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Setting pixel dimensions on VS 2012 Icenium Extension Simulator

3 Answers 50 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carl asked on 12 Oct 2013, 07:43 PM
For the VS2012 Icenium Extension Simulator, there appear to be options for iOS and Android versions but not for setting or changing the pixel dimensions for display in the simulator.

How to configure the simulator to test various display sizes by choosing the pixel dimensions?

Also how to simulate touch-screen scrolling of the display visible in the simulator?

So far, I have been unable to do either one of these kinds of tests and I consider both essential for meaningful use of the simulator.

Thank you for explaining how and/or adding these capabilities to the next release of the Icenium Extension.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 01:58 PM
Hello Carl,

Changing the resolution in the simulator is indeed nice to have feature and it is already suggested in our feedback portal. Post your vote for it and increase the chances of this feature being added to the product.

About your second inquiry, you can press and hold the left mouse button over the device screen and drag up/down to simulate scroll this way.

Regards,
Steve
Telerik
You've missed the Icenium Visual Studio Integration keynote? It has been recorded and posted here.
Looking for tips & tricks directly from the Icenium team? Check out our blog!
Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 07:36 PM
Regarding the pixel dimensions, I have added my vote.

Regarding simulating touch-scrolling on the simulator display, I cannot get it to work as you explained.  I tried holding each of left mouse button and right mouse button but neither worked even though my mouse works fine in all other applications.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 16 Oct 2013, 01:50 PM
Hello Carl,

We cannot think of anything that would prevent the mouse from functioning in the Icenium simulator. Do you get this behavior or any Icenium project or a specific one? Do you see any errors when you open the Console in the Debug Tools? What about the Simulator in our browser based client Mist? Do you get the same problem there?

Regards,
Steve
Telerik
You've missed the Icenium Visual Studio Integration keynote? It has been recorded and posted here.
Looking for tips & tricks directly from the Icenium team? Check out our blog!
Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1