This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Setting MonthView.MinimumRowHeight to 200 Causes Script Running Slow Message

4 Answers 38 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian Mains asked on 17 Jun 2010, 06:49 PM
Hello,

For some reason, if with <MonthView AdaptiveRowHeight="false" VisibleAppointmentsPerDay="3" MinimumRowHeight="200" />, I am getting script running slow, do you want to continue running the script? message in both IE and firefox... what do you expect may be causing this?

Thanks.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 11:29 AM
Hi Brian,

MinimumRowHeight specifies how many rows are rendered for each day cell in Month view. For example, if you set MinimumRowHeight="8", then 8 rows will render for each day. Probably, you get this error because you set this property to too large value.

I realize that the name of the property might be misleading so I will take a note and we will consider renaming it to something more intuitive.

I assume this forum post is related to this one:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/319955-month-view-appointment-height.aspx

You can check what we suggested there.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that would be it then... I had it at 200, renaming would be very helpful.  Thanks.
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 01:21 PM
Just out of curiosity, how does this property work in conjunction with the VisibleAppointmentsPerDay property?
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 03:50 PM
Hello Brian,

While testing the case, I have noticed that the 'show more' link renders immediately after the last appointment, instead of the very bottom of the day cell. It looks like we can improve this behavior too. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1