Setting default font

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Tom
    Tom avatar
    7 posts

Posted 07 Sep 2007 Link to this post

I am trying to set the initial font (or style) that is used when a user first enters the RAD Editor.

I found several forum posts in the Editor for ASP.NET section that recommend adding font styling to the:

.RadEContent, .RadEContentBorrdered

styles in the EditorContentArea.css file but this doesn't seem to work. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  2. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12846 posts

Posted 08 Sep 2007 Link to this post

Hi Tom,

I believe the following documentation article will be of help: Default Font for Editable Content. The approach for RadEditor for MOSS is the same, the only difference is the location of the EditorContentArea.css file. In MOSS environment you can find it in (default location) Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.3.1.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls\Editor\Skins\<your skin>

When you set the font in the .RadEContent, .RadEContentBorrdered classes, save the file and restart your browser. This is needed because the content area is an IFRAME element and the browser caches its styles.

Best regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center

3. Plawrencejr
    Plawrencejr avatar
    7 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2007 Link to this post

What is the default skin for the full editor. I tried changing defult skin to get a different default font when eding and it did not work.
  4. Georgi Tunev
    Admin
    Georgi Tunev avatar
    7207 posts

Posted 19 Sep 2007 Link to this post

Hello Plawrencejr,

The default skin is named "Default" and is placed in the folder which Rumen pointed. Can you please let us know what were the exact steps that you took to change the font?

Kind regards,
    Georgi Tunev
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center