Set Height to 100% problem

34 posts, 0 answers
  1. Guss
    Guss avatar
    26 posts

Posted 02 Apr 2015 Link to this post

.PS: And it not just resize to the container and full height, but it is now also responsive.... PC to tablet to iPhone.
  2. Guss
    Guss avatar
    26 posts

Posted 02 Apr 2015 in reply to Guss Link to this post

Screenshot of result
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    1380 posts

Posted 03 Apr 2015 Link to this post

Hi Guss,

Thank you for sharing your solution with our community. Please, feel free to post the custom solution you implemented in the code library section on our site here: FileExplorer Code Libraries.

You will be rewarded with some Telerik points for the effort which can be used as a discount for future purchases/upgrades of our controls.

Regards,
    Vessy
    Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

5. Guss
    Guss avatar
    26 posts

Posted 03 Sep Link to this post

Just another tip on that 100% height javascript.

I have spend hours on tweaking the code trying to find a 3px bug.
    After the page has loaded and everything looks 100%, and you navigate to a new folder, it looks like the file explorer toolbar has changed in size. It not the toolbar that changed, but the page that scrolls out of view at the top with 3 pixels, and because you have body {overflow:hidden}, you do not realize that this is the case.

If you show the overflow, it cause more chaos, cause now there is ugly scrollbars all over, changing the visible width and heights again.

I first thought, let me just do a window.scoll(0,0) :-)  but nope :-(, thats doesn't do a thing, the page is alreaady at the top, it the content inside the div wrapper, which cut it off !

THE SOLUTION:

Remove the declarative setting Height="100%" from the RadFileExplorer !
    Afterwards I made it 99%, and still everything OK.