You can have the desired behaviour already by tweaking a configuration in the Add Service Reference dialog. Currently Add OpenAccess Service
wizard generates only server side code and the code that you are referring sounds like client side and it is handled by different wizard.
Using Add Service Reference
dialog in Visual Studio you can set how to interpret the IEnumerable<T>
return type. To do so please:
- Open Add Service Reference dialog
- Discover and select the hosted service
- Click on Advanced... button
- Change the value of the combobox under Data Type, Collection Type to the desired type. You can do the same for Dictionary types too
- Then apply the configuration by clicking OK
- Generate the client side code by clicking OK on the Add Service Reference dialog.
This should enable you to use BindingLists in your client code without any overhead.
the Telerik team