This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Send feedback crashes VS2010

1 Answer 43 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 22 Sep 2010, 03:42 AM
Well, this is somewhat ironic. I decided to use the "Send Feedback" mechanism within the JustCode menu to let you folks know that I'm impressed with the overall performance (especially vs. ReSharper v5.1, which is just amazingly slow).

However, any attempt to use the Send Feedback function hangs VS2010 completely on my machine. The dialog loads, I enter my feedback, submit it... and it just hangs, and VS2010 eventually dies (offers to restart, etc.). I had the "Use my Telerik account" option toggled on, and my email address and password correctly entered.

Another weird thing... Send Feedback menu item doesn't appear to be enabled until I load a project / solution. Doesn't seem like it should matter.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan Varchev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2010, 09:24 AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for reporting this issue. This is a nasty bug that we introduced recently. The crash happens after the actual sending of the feedback is done so at least you can be sure we got what you sent.
 We treat each problem causing a crash or hanging of VS as critical and we have it logged for fixing with highest priority. We were able to reproduce it and it will be fixed in the next internal build that we'll release next week. You will be automatically notified once it's available.

Greetings,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan Varchev
Telerik team
Share this question
or