This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Selected Item

2 Answers 109 Views
Carousel
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
RoxanaC
Top achievements
Rank 1
RoxanaC asked on 15 Jan 2010, 07:09 AM
Hello!

RadCarousel is a great component and it makes the application that I'm working on look so profesional even if I don't have a designer backgound or so.
There are a couple of addition things that I would need from this component, they may be already there but I don't know how to take advantage of them.
First of all - I need to always have one selected CarouselItem out there, no matter if I've clicked one or not.
If I press an additional "Load" button I should always have the possibility to retrieve the top most carousel item there
( right now carousel.SelectedItem can return null if there was no click on a specific item )
Second - Reffering the beginning or the end of carousel items sequence - I should have the possibility to stop the flow of the items  (if I continuously press the carousel's ScrollViewer buttons) I mean that the last item should be in the middle of the screen and not somewhere far in the left/right of the screen (check out the attachments) - and this last one should be the SelectedItem also

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jan 2010, 03:40 PM
Hello Roxana Cocariu,

At the moment there is no straightforward way to constraint the movement of the carousel and we will consider introducing new API that will allow the users to fine-tune the carousel movement. Nevertheless I have prepared a sample project that demonstrates how to constraint the carousel movement. The project also demonstrates how you can get access to the top most item of the carousel which might eliminate the need to have selected item at all times.

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback. I have updated your Telerik points.

Best wishes,
Milan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
RoxanaC
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jan 2010, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the answer! It's perfect! :)
Tags
Carousel
Asked by
RoxanaC
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
RoxanaC
Top achievements
Rank 1