nishan avatar
    8 posts

Posted 23 May Link to this post

Dear Telerik,

I have RadPivotGrid and a RadChartView,

on formload, I have

this.radChartView2.DataSource = this.radPivotGrid1;

and everything works fine.

However, I want the chart to appear on chartview automatically when the  form loads instead of having to select the data on the PivotGrid manualy using mouse.

I was trying to prgramatically use a method like selectall to force the chart to appear on the chartview but aparently there is no selectAll method in RadPivotGrid.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    2891 posts

Posted 24 May Link to this post

Hello Nishan,

Thank you for writing.

There is SelectAll method, it is exposed on the PivotGridElement:
    radPivotGrid1.PivotGridElement.SelectAll();

You just need to make sure you call it only after the grid is populated with data, otherwise an error will be thrown. In your case you can try the Form Load or Shown events.

I hope that you find this information useful. Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    Stefan
    Telerik
    Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
  3. UI for WinForms is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. nishan
    nishan avatar
    8 posts

Posted 25 May in reply to Stefan Link to this post

Dear Stefan,

Thanks a lot for the reply. It worked but the it only selected one cell (the top left cell).

Could you kindly let me know how to select the whole grid.

Thanks again.

Nishan.

5. Answer
    Stefan
    Admin
    Stefan avatar
    2891 posts

Posted 25 May Link to this post

Hi Nishan,

Attached you can find a project demonstrating how on a button click all cells in the pivot grid are being selected. In addition, I have proposed a method for automatic update once the pivot is loaded. Feel free to use the one that suits you best.

Regards,
    Stefan
    Telerik
    Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.