This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Section 508 issue with telerik RadMenu ( iframe issue) && no th element found from WAT Tool?

3 Answers 82 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Suresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Suresh asked on 09 Mar 2011, 09:45 PM
hi,
    we are using RadMenu in one of our application.but one of our client (government agency-US client) he tested our application using WAT tool for testing the section 508 (version:2008-01-30). in this tool he reported the frames issue, if i check that option then it is showing the below message

Frame Information

• IFRAME-1
    • Name not specified
    • Longdesc not specified
    • Title not specified
    • Src="javascript:'';"
  • IFRAME-2
    • Name not specified
    • Longdesc not specified
    • Title not specified
  • IFRAME-3
    • Name not specified
    • Longdesc not specified
    • Title not specified

NOFRAMES

No "NOFRAMES" Element Found!;

in order to trace this issue i gone through the view source of this particular page but i did not find those iframes in my view source. after a lot of struggle i came to know that they are coming for RadMenu (from my code i removed entire RadMenu after that i checked, then i observed the above issue does not reported, so i concluded that the above issue is because of Radmenu)

along with the above one he had reported one more issue with respect to tables if i click on the tables option in the WAT tool then i am getting the following message (no th element found) which i am adding an attachment.
so, how can we fix it.
Thanks,
Burepalli V S Rao.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2011, 01:55 PM
Hello Mohinder Goswami,

As you probably got your answer already in the support ticket, in order to cope with this issue, try setting the EnableOverlay property of the RadMenu to false. This property set to true is used for IE6 compatibility, so if a user is viewing the site under IE6, there might be some overlay problems.

Also you could check this demo here, giving more information about this property.

Greetings,
Kate
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Suresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2011, 01:18 PM
Hi,
it is working fine with RadMenu.So, frames issue got fixed with respect to RadMenu.

but i had one more problem with the RadMenu
Regarding RadMenu overlapping issue
when you disable the CSS using WAT Tool for checking the Section 508,
if the situation is like this
menuItem1-->this internally contains some other menuitems then if you disable the CSS then these submenuitems are getting overlapped with menuitem2,menuitem3...etc
menuitem2
menuitem3
so, is there any workaround for this.

and apart from the above issue i had the following issue with RadEditor and AccessibleRadEditor they are as follows with respect to Frames.
i am using latest Q1 2011 version of RadEditor and AccessibleRadEditor(with both the editor i am getting) still i am getting the section 508 issue which shown as follows
 IFRAME-1
                Name not specified
                Longdesc not specified
                Title not specified
                Src="http://localhost/default.aspx"

with the following sample application i have tested your controls. it is as follows

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="DateTimeTest._Default" %>

<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<head runat="server">

<title>DateTimeTest Page</title>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

function OnClientLoad(editor) {

var iframe = editor.get_contentAreaElement();

iframe.setAttribute("name", iframe.title);

iframe.setAttribute("longdesc", iframe.title);

}

</script>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager 

<br />

<telerik:AccessibleRadEditor ID="AccessibleRadEditor1" runat="server" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad">

</telerik:AccessibleRadEditor>

</div>

</form>

</body>

</html>

code behind is

protected

void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

}

still i am getting the frames issue.

so, is there any workaround for the above problems.

Thanks.

Kate
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 12:10 PM
Hello Mohinder Goswami,

Please post the different questions considering different controls in separate threads/tickets. About the issue with the RadMenu this is the expected behaviour of the menu when you disable all the style sheets. Did you try to use the Simple skin of the RadMenu?

Considering your other question about RadEditor: Please, lets continue the conversation about RadEditor Section 508 compliance in the following forum thread: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/menu/section-508-issue-with-telerik-radmenu-iframe-issue.aspx

Thanks.

Greetings,
Kate
the Telerik team
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Suresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kate