This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Scrolling

11 Answers 134 Views
Sortable
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
RES
Top achievements
Rank 1
RES asked on 21 Apr 2014, 11:52 PM
I'm wondering anyone has any ideas on what the best way or a good way of implementing some kind of automatic scrolling when a list of items exceeds the container's dimensions and displays scroll bars?

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2014, 09:19 AM
Hello,

Such feature is currently not provided out of the box by the Sortable (and Drag n Drop) component.
A similar feature request has been submitted yesterday by another client. We will appreciate if you vote for it here:
We will monitor the customers interest in this functionality and will consider it for one of our future releases.

Regards,
Alexander Valchev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Graeme
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2014, 09:27 PM
Long sortable lists really need to allow you continue dragging the item you are moving from top to bottom without having to release it multiple times and continue sorting. 

Trying to sort 100 list items requires multiple drops and sort to accomplish on smaller screen res.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2014, 08:56 AM
Hello Graeme,

This feature is currently not supported by the Sortable widget. We do agree that it is not convenient for the user to release the sorted item multiple times so we will consider adding automatic scrolling in one of our future releases. Please vote for the feature request item listed in my previous reply - the more votes it collect the higher priority it will have when we build the next roadmap.

Regards,
Alexander Valchev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Mar 2015, 02:02 PM
Any update on this? thanks.
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2015, 11:11 AM
Hello,

the feature is scheduled for our next major release (Q2). 

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2015, 05:15 PM

Hello,

Can you please tell me if this is now confirmed in the Q2 2015 release?

Regards

Mike

Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2015, 07:53 AM
Hi Mike,

the feature is already implemented

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2015, 02:39 PM

Hi.

Is this in an internal build of kendo Professional ?

Thanks.

Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2015, 04:01 PM
Hi Dan,

no - it is in the master branch of Kendo UI Core. It will be available in our upcoming Q2 release. 

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2015, 09:33 PM
Now the 2015 Q2 Beta release is available can you tell me what property to set on the Sortable widget to make it scroll automatically when dragging please?
Petyo
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2015, 01:37 PM
Hi,

the poperty is named autoScroll, like the issue I linked to describes.

Regards,
Petyo
Telerik

Tags
Sortable
Asked by
RES
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
Graeme
Top achievements
Rank 1