This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Running Both Kendo MVC And Telerik MVC Q1 2012 Extensions

1 Answer 124 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Graham asked on 21 Nov 2012, 01:25 PM
We develop using Telerik MVC Q1 2012 Extensions, but we need a grid that allows multiple rows selected, so I have installed Kendo MVC and added it to my project. After the installation, I received a warning that JavaScript ambiguities might occur, and that I should run the "Telerik MVC Configure Wizard".

I have been unable to find out where the "Telerik MVC Configure Wizard" is - can anyone tell me, please?

On trying to run the project, I received the following error:

Compiler Error Message: CS0104: 'MenuOrientation' is an ambiguous reference between 'Kendo.Mvc.UI.MenuOrientation' and 'Telerik.Web.Mvc.UI.MenuOrientation'

Edit: I now have the full error message: on right clicking on the project and selecting the option to convert it to a Kendo project, it runs a process, then gives the following "Warning" message:

"The Telerik MVC jQuery inclusion may interfere with the Kendo jQuery inclusion. Consider disabling the embedded jQuery usage by running the Telerik MVC Configure Wizard"

Again - does anyone know where I can find the Telerik MVC Configure Wizard, please?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2012, 07:43 AM
Hi Graham,

Please avoid posting duplicate forum threads and support tickets with the same questions, as this may lead ot double work and overhead in our support staff.

I am copying my reply from the support ticket, so that anyone else interested in the same topic, can see it:

The configuration wizard is part of the Telerik MVC Visual Studio Extensions, which can be installed together with the MVC components, when using the MSI installer, not the ZIP. You can find information about the wizard's usage at:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-mvc/visual-studio-extensions-creation-and-configuration-wizard.html

The ambiguous reference error can be easily resolved if you use the complete names of the namespaces in your C# code.

With regard to the jQuery registrations - you must not have more than one jQuery instance on the page and Kendo UI requires jQuery to be registered before any widget that may need it, so usually one adds it to the <head>. As a result, you should disable the automatic jQuery registration of the Telerik ScriptRegistrar.

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-mvc/web-assets-working-with-javascript-web-assets.html#jQuery

Regards,
Dimo
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Share this question