This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Run in Simulator from VisualStudio 2013 Extension is not working

19 Answers 292 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Sudipta
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sudipta asked on 24 Jun 2014, 04:43 AM
Hi,

These are the steps I followed:

1. Closed all the running instances of Visual Studio 2013 Professional.
2. Downloaded and installed a trial version of Telerik Appbuilder extension for visual studio from the link: http://www.telerik.com/try/appbuilder
3. Installation was successful and I could see the "APPBUILDER" menu in Visual Studio.
4. Created a new AppBuilder project using installed template (New Project -> Templates -> Telerik -> AppBuilder -> Blank (JavaScript) ).
5. From menu tried to run the simulator (APPBUILDER -> Run <ProjectName> in Simulator)

Nothing comes up. Nothing happens. I tried several times, re-installed the plugin, re-started the computer, tried a different kind of project (KendoUI Mobile App) but the result is always the same, nothing shows up.

How do I solve the issue. I have been tasked to develop a new mobile app for the company I am working for and I am planning to use Telerik Hybrid App Development features.

Thanks in advance.
Sudipta Das 

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Faten
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jun 2014, 05:05 AM
Hello Sudipta,

Sorry to hear that you are having issue with the Simulator.

Can you please make sure that you are logged in? 
Under AppBuilder --> Log In using your Telerik Platform account
Before trying to Run the app in the Simulator.

Hope this will help!

Regards,
Faten
Telerik

Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

Sudipta
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jun 2014, 05:20 AM
Hi Faten,

The menu shows that I am logged in. I even logged out and logged back in to be sure that I am logged into Telerik platform. It still didn't work.

Thanks,
Sudipta
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2014, 01:14 PM
Hello Sudipta,

Could you send us the logs, found in the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Logs folder? Also, please check if there are any error in the Output window, inside Visual Studio when you run the simulator.

After, you have the above information, you can check if deleting the simulator cache will fix the issue. To do this, go to the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Cache folder and delete all of its content. Then, check if the simulator will start as expected.

I hope this helps. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to your reply, as the logs could provide beneficial information about such issues. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

Alfons
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2014, 12:04 PM
I have the same problem. Simulator doesn't launch, but previously, when creating a new project with the "Kendo UI Mobile Application" template I got the error: "Cannot find and log you in an account with sufficient subscription for the Telerik AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio.". Looking at my subscription It seems to be OK. My plan is "Telerik Platform Starter Edition", with 1 project of 2 available.
Alfons
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2014, 03:01 PM
Solved.Today there is a new version of AppBuilder and gives more information. I have upgraded to Telerik Platform Professional Edition and now it works fine.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2014, 07:32 PM
I've got the same issue here.  Are we simply unable to use the simulator with our 30 day trial?  Most of the APPBUILDER menu item's features seem to not be allowed.
jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2014, 07:29 AM
hi, I am having the same issue.
signed up for trial but could not use the stimulator
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2014, 11:57 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you for reporting this.

Unfortunately, we identified a bug on our side that prevents trial users from using the AppBuilder Extension for Visual Studio. We are currently working on the fix and expect to release an update to the AppBuilder VSE by the end of today.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused and thank you for the understanding. Further, I will let you know once the update is released so you can check if everything is working on your sides.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2014, 02:53 PM
Hi again,

We just released the update for the AppBuilder Extension for Visual Studio. Please, let us know if you are still unable to use its features or there are any further issues with it.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2014, 12:50 AM
Hi Kaloyan, thanks for the update. I can now run the stimulator.

However, I cannot "Publish <the project>"; the same error message applies
Roberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2014, 01:55 AM
I'm not able to use this feature. I just signed up for the 30 day trial and have version 2014.2.702.4 (shows that is "up-to-date")

The specific message is:
You do not have an account with sufficient subscription for the Telerik AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio.

I'm using Visual Studio 2013.
Sudipta
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2014, 05:05 AM
I ended up using the Windows Client provided by Telerik App Builder. Since the development is only based on HTML5, CSS and JQuery, there was hardly a need for Visual Studio 2013. Although Visual studio provides a familiar environment to .net developers.

Thanks,
Sudipta   
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2014, 08:48 AM
Hi everyone,

We are currently working on a hot fix that will solve the publishing issue for all users using 30 days trial license. The latest release only fixes the availability of VS extension functionalities for these users and this week we are going to release a fix for our server part which will allow our users to use the Publish feature.
Please accept our apologies and stay tuned.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik

jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jul 2014, 01:12 AM
Hi Zdravko, please advise when will the fix for the Publish feature be available? 
I had been waiting for it since last week...
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2014, 04:16 PM
Hi Jon,

The fix is released as my colleague already informed you in ticket ID 835416.
Happy Publishing.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Idmr
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Mar 2015, 08:59 AM
Same error: Your current subscription AppBuilder Starter Edition does not provide access to the Telerik AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio.

with AppBuilder 201.1.311.5 

I cant get the extension to login with the correct Google account.
I had 2 accounts defined in Chome, I removed the other account, leaving just the account associated with my paid subscription

I restarted my computer and un-installed and re-installed the extension.

It still is connected to my old Google account.
The Change accounts option does not work ( I tried it before and after removing my Google account)

See attached file

Please assist
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2015, 02:36 PM
Hello,

I suspect there might be some cache on your side causing this issue that needs to be flushed. Before that try to log out and log in with the right account.
In order to clear the cache follow the steps below:

1. Verify that third-party cookies for your Internet Explorer browser are enabled.
2. In IE, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete -> uncheck "Preserve Favorites Website data" and click Delete.
3. In all browsers, log out from platform.telerik.com and telerik.com. Close all active clients.
4. Clear the cache and your browser cookies for app.icenium.com and platform.telerik.com in all browsers.
5. Clear the cache for the AppBuilder Desktop client as well from %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Cache.
6. Look for %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\IceCookie.bin on your system and remove it, if present.

If nothing helps, please capture a log using Fiddler:

1. Download Fiddler from here and install it.
2. Run Fiddler and go to Tools -> Fiddler Options.
3. On the HTTPS page, verify that Capture HTTPS Connects is enabled.
4. Verify that Decrypt HTTPS traffic is enabled with the ...from all processes option and minimize Fiddler to tray.
5. Run Visual Studio and log in.
6. In Fiddler, go to File -> Save -> All Sessions, save the archive to disk. This will produce a SAZ file.
7. Zip the .saz file and attach it in a private ticket.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zdravko
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

هاني
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2016, 09:26 AM

hi 

idont know what happend .i have some problem with vs and telerik .

You do not have an account with sufficient subscription for the Telerik AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio.

any one can help me .

Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2016, 01:32 PM
Hello,

You have an active Telerik Platform Business Trial subscription activated so you should be able to benefit from the VS Extension for AppBuilder. Would you try clearing AppBuilder's Cache at your side - you'll find it under the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon folder. Please remove the entire Cache folder. Then, if needed reinstall the AppBuilder Visual Studio Extension.

Regards,
Dimitrina
Telerik

Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
Sudipta
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Faten
Telerik team
Sudipta
Top achievements
Rank 1