I'll go over over the top features and add my comments:
1) I'd like to ask for examples for the type of marker labels you need. A quick mock-up or screenshot from existing implementation will help ensure we're on the same page.
2) Transitions are a must for me and will help with the overall feel of the component.
3) A free-form selection would be quite challenging, but arguably useful. It's definitely a lot of work.
4) Adding layers should be possible even today. Perhaps a case of missing documentation that I'll check.
5) A layer selection is among the basic tools for the map, should be prioritized over more complex features
The rest are nice to have as well, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Just to make sure I'm not overpromising, none of these features is on the roadmap as of today.
When they'll get there is a function of our capacity and dynamic priorities.
Telerik by Progress
Build rich, delightful, *native* Angular 2 apps with Kendo UI for Angular 2
. Try it out today
! Kendo UI for Angular 2 (currently in beta) is a jQuery-free toolset, written in TypeScript, designed from the ground up to offer true, native Angular 2 components.