This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Roadmap

2 Answers 64 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
N Mackay asked on 12 Apr 2017, 01:33 PM

I've been looking at the roadmap.

http://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/xamarin-ui/roadmap

* TabView (probably won't use)

* Rating (may be useful)

* Linear Gauge (useful)

* BusyIndicator (Why? lots of excellent open source offerings for this)

* SildeView (if it's a reliable alternative to CarouselView then it may be very useful)

What about the existing controls? are there any enhancements coming to the listview which lacks group footers, contextmenu and gesture support like long press.Also UWP listview performance is not great.

While some of these controls are useful the existing controls also need extra attention.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosi
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2017, 01:52 PM
Hello,

My name is Rossitza Fakalieva and I am currently responsible for UI for Xamarin.

I want first to thank you for your feedback. Your opinion and feedback are more than important for us, they are critical for success of this product. That is why I'll try to explain more about our Roadmap and future plans.

Our roadmap is currently based on customer feedback which highlights these components as a major and desired addition to our suite. However I absolutely agree that RadListView is our most used component and it should be with great performance, stable and feature complete. I can assure you that working on this component is one of our major goal for next couple months and I personally take responsibility to let you know
when the mentioned features from your posts are implemented

Today we are having a planned minor update including the following improvements on RadListView:

• Item tapped is raised after hold gesture in IOS listview
  • UWP listview has a MinHeight of 100 and there is no way to achieve a scenario with a smaller listview
  • iOS UIListViewCell.TouchesEnded is called for wrong cell
  • iOS ListView throws out of range exception in grouped scenario
  • on iOS ItemTapped is called on hold
  • Performance improvements on Android
  • Introduce Commands(will be released for official release)

Regards,
Rosi
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2017, 02:26 PM

Hi Rosi.

I think we've chatted via support many times :)
I look forward to see how the controls evolve over the year, been totally honest we will re-evaluate custom controls later in the year to see what's out best options, the Xamarin controls are more important now than they were even a year ago. Obviously we'd rather stay with Telerik as it doesn't mean UI re-work.

Thanks for responding,

Norman.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
N Mackay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosi
Telerik team
N Mackay