RibbonView w/ Windows 8 theme RD - Blend with Sketchflow for VS 2012 preview crashing

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Spurk
    Spurk avatar
    40 posts

Posted 15 Feb 2013 Link to this post

I've created a resource dictionary RadRibbon and copied/pasted the resources from the NET40 implicit style resource dictionary.  Visual studio 2012 renders & builds fine, but Blend crashes whenever I open the project.  When I debug blend with vs 2012, it reports:

'{DependencyProperty.UnsetValue}' is not a valid value for the 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadRibbonGallery.Icon' property on a Setter.

Please advise.
  2. Kiril Vandov
    Admin
    Kiril Vandov avatar
    324 posts

Posted 20 Feb 2013 Link to this post

Hi Sheldon,

We fixed that issue during this release cycle and you could download the latest binaries in a few days.

However, if you do not want to wait for the new release, you can workaround the issue. It is caused by the currently defined Icon property Setter:
    <Setter Property="Icon" Value="/Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView;component/RibbonGalleryCollapsedIcon.png" />
    it has to be defined like this instead:
    <Setter Property="Icon">
       <Setter.Value>
          <BitmapImage UriSource="/Telerik.Windows.Controls.RibbonView;component/RibbonGalleryCollapsedIcon.png" />
       </Setter.Value>
    </Setter>

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Kiril Vandov
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready