This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Ribbonbar changes in Q3 2007

1 Answer 61 Views
RibbonBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Brad asked on 02 Dec 2007, 11:01 PM
Hi,

What changes/improvements can we expect to see in the Q3 release of the Ribbonbar?

I've been hoping for some improvements in the IDE with regards to adding standard windows controls, adding user controls and overall stability.

Will there be a Beta of the Q3 release available?

Thanks,
Brad

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2007, 04:36 PM
Thank you for your question, Brad.

In Q3 2007 RadRibbonBar will add just bug fixes and new documentation. This is because for this release we have decided to put most of our efforts in the improvement of RadGridView. The reason is simple - RadGridView is the most used control in the suite and most of our clients have requested that we focus on it with upmost priority. Having this in mind, together with the fact that this release is rather short (a tad less than 3 months), means that we will not have much time to work on the other controls. If you have not seen my blog post on the Q3 Roadmap, please review it out - it gives most of the details on the new release.

We do expect to have a beta of the Q3 release on Wednesday this week - feel free to give it a spin. We will announce it publicly in the Forums.

Our plans for Q1 2008 (which we will release sometime in March) will probably cover RadRibbonBar, RadComboBox and RadDock - three essential controls which need our attention. We are dedicated to reach the high standards that our ASP.NET suite has set in terms of usability and stability, and the release this month will be the first step. I am sure that you will enjoy working with the new GridView, and later on with the Ribbon.

Kind regards,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
RibbonBar
Asked by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Vassil Petev