Just for the people at Telerik:
Why does the Ribbon Bar doesn't follow the Microsoft Office Ribbon Guidelines?
My first impressions find this errors:
- Application Menu not under half of the Application Button in Z-Order as in Office Apps, this should hide the tabs that are under the application menu, near to the application button, but you can see them
- Ribbon Tabs Spacing/Size, too small.
- Vertical Centering on Button Groups, The are align to the top
- Group Title Colors
- Quick Access Toolbar Button Alignment
- Color Gradients
- Button Sizes on the Application Menu
- Borders on Gallery Elements
- Subitems on the Application Menu are in a popup and not replacing/overlapping the contents on the right pane, it get's out of the right pane.
- The right pane in the Application Menu has an ugly border and a different separator between the left pane.
Have your ever used Office 2007? Does it looks the same?
As I have reviewed on the Samples installed with the Ultimate Collection Trial, this control looks bad, looks just similar to the Office Ribbon, but doesn't follow the Guidelines that are mandatory according to Microsoft documents, so to my expectations this would look like there's no QA, no quality at all.
I've always loved your controls for asp.net, but this one doesn't go to expectations and wouldn't buy it if it would be a look a like, and not an exact implementation of the specs, so my customers would look to a distorted version of the ribbon. I've have had Infragistics and their implementation is better, the only thing they failed in was with the Application Menu not under the Application Button, so I didn't renewed, and fixed the code, but wanted to migrate no newer controls, and to using only Telerik, but I won't until that gets fixed.
Jose Luis Chavez del Cid