I'm having the same or very similar issue with JustCode. I also had to disable JustCode in order to use the resource file successfully.
Win 7 Ultimate - VS2010 (As Admin) - VB.NET & JustCode Internal Build 10-20-11
Here's the best I can give you on reproducing.
- Create a new Windows form.
- Add a windows button control.
- Edit the Image property, and use the "Resource File", "Import" method. Choose the image to set on the button from the listbox.
- Now repeat steps 2 and 3 a few times so there are multiple images in the resource file.
- VS creates a Resources.Designer.VB file.
- * I believe JustCode locks the file open so that VS cannot write to it, and when you insert another resource, VS creates Resources1.Designer.VB.
- VS now has issues synchronizing the resources with the script and I get errors on my form that the image resources on my buttons do not exist. VS also has some drawing/redrawing issues related to this.
- VS also if restarted will say that Resources is ambiguous, because of the two files with the same namespace/class.
Hope that helps resolve the issue.