This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Requirements for pageLayout version 2014.1.225

2 Answers 73 Views
PageLayout
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dana Cobb
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Dana Cobb asked on 24 Apr 2014, 06:38 PM
What version of .NET is required for this release? I put this thread in the PageLayout forum because that is what is inspiring me to upgrade. Currently I am running server 2003 with NDP40-KB2836939-v3-x86 applied to get proper browser detection for IE 11. We will be moving to server 2012 soon, but I will still have sites on older OS versions. Integrating this at the Server 2003 level would be best short term for me.

Dana

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2014, 06:14 PM
Hi, Dana.

The PageLayout has no specific requirements, other than the ones set by the TelerikUI suite e.g. .NET version 3.5 or higher.

To take full advantage of PageLayout you will need IE8 or higher. We have made improvements for IE7 that will be available with the Q2 release.

If you have any other questions regarding RadPageLayout, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Accepted
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2014, 08:51 AM
A quick update, due to some inaccurate bits in my previous reply:

RadPageLayout has two client (browser) feature sets: layout and responsive.

Layout feature set

Initially, we used css box-sizing to achieve layout parts, as it tends to be easier. However, box-sizing was not available on IE6 and IE7, so for 2014 Q2 release, we added extra wrappers just for IE7 to emulate the box-sizing.

As a result, all browsers that support prefix-free box-sizing and IE7 will be able to use the current layout features.

Responsive feature set

The responsive feature set relies on prefix-free media queries. In terms, most browsers, IE7 and IE8 excluded, support the responsive feature set.

Regards,
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
PageLayout
Asked by
Dana Cobb
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
Share this question
or