This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Request for Section 508/Accessinility enhancement

3 Answers 42 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ken Lassesen asked on 12 May 2009, 12:06 AM
The changes are:
  • The inclusion of a <LABEL> for edit
  • Placing the label text into a <TH>

We got recently dinged on this by a Section 508 certification firm.

For improved clarity:  http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/input/examples/common/orderform/defaultcs.aspx 

<table cellpadding="0" summary="Order form" cellspacing="10" style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px">

<tr> 
    <td>Price</td> 
<td> <span id="RadNumericTextBox1_wrapper" class="RadInput RadInput_Default" style="white-space:nowrap;"><input type="text" value="$99.99" id="RadNumericTextBox1_text" name="RadNumericTextBox1_text" class="riTextBox riEnabled" style="width:125px;" />.....</span> </td>

should appear like:

<table cellpadding="0" summary="Order form" cellspacing="10" style="MARGIN-LEFT: 10px">

<tr> 
            <th><label for="RadNumericTextBox1_text">Price</label></th> 
<td> <span id="RadNumericTextBox1_wrapper" class="RadInput RadInput_Default" style="white-space:nowrap;"><input type="text" value="$99.99" id="RadNumericTextBox1_text" name="RadNumericTextBox1_text" class="riTextBox riEnabled" style="width:125px;" />.....</span> </td>

Many thanks for your prompt attention to this.  This request would apply to at least the following:

• telerik:GridBoundColumn
  • telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn
  • telerik:GridDateTimeColumn
  • telerik:GridDropDownColumn
  • telerik:GridHTMLEditorColumn
  • telerik:GridMaskedColumn 
  • telerik:GridNumericColumn

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2009, 03:17 PM
Hi Ken,

I'm afraid that RadGrid currently does not support this scenario, however you may use FormTemplate functionality in order to build the edit form with the desired markup.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 May 2009, 03:23 PM
I've written many many Web Controls, and the change that is required to support this appears to be very minor. A single property= Enhanced508="true" could trigger this behaviour.

My preference is to see it in the control (so all may benefit) instead of modifying the source code and implementing it myself.
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2009, 05:58 AM
Hello Ken,

We have added the associated label to the edit form's input controls, thus you may check next internal builds.
As to the replacing the edit form's td elements with th I'm afraid that this is not applicable as the edit form actually does not represents a tabular data and the table element is used just for convenance and simplification.

All the best,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Rosen
Telerik team
Ken Lassesen
Top achievements
Rank 2