Report refreshes do not reflect updated data from database

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Kwabena
    Kwabena avatar
    9 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 01 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    I am trying out Telerik Reporting component and currently have a problem that I hope to get some help with.

    I have everything setup in my application and the report seems to work on first pass.  After I make changes to my database via the application, e.g. My application assigns an asset to a person, none of my associated reports show the changes in the database.  Other portions of my application do reflect the change indicating that the changes are successful, but my Telerik reports do not see the changes.  The only I can get the reports to reflect the changes is by restarting my application.  This obviously will not be an acceptable behavior.

    I was hoping someone can help me with this.

    Thanks in advance.  Prompt responses are definitely appreciated.
  2. Steve
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

    Posted 02 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Kwabena,

    How do you assign the report to the report viewer? If you are using a web app/site, please set the EnableViewState property of the viewer to false as there is a slight issue we introduced in Q1, which would be addressed for the upcoming service pack. If this is not the case, please open a support ticket and attach a sample project that shows the abnormal behavior. Once we review it, we would be able to provide you with more info.

    All the best,
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Kwabena
    Kwabena avatar
    9 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2009

    Posted 03 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Thanks for the response.

    It appears that the problem was due to the format of my connectionstring.  I changed that from a static drive_letter:\ to relative |DataDirectory| format and everything works.

  5. Bob
    Bob avatar
    27 posts
    Member since:
    May 2007

    Posted 04 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Steve,

    I just ran into this problem as I just upgraded to Q1.  I have a page that runs multiple reports (chosen from a combo box) with multiple parameters and when you run a report the first one gets displayed properly in the web viewer but each successive run just displays the first run report.  Changing the report to run or any parameter to use had no effect even though the report viewer seemed to be refreshing. 

    Thankfully, I found this thread and changed the enabledviewstate property as recommended and this fixed this issue.

Back to Top