This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Release Notes for 2012.1.419

7 Answers 100 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan Lehmann asked on 25 Apr 2012, 07:32 PM
Hi,
I'm evaluating the newest update. What has changed and been fixed between 2012.1.411.0 and 2012.1.419.0?

I'm looking at the Release History and it doesn't have 419. http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/whats-new/release-history.aspx

Thanks,
Dan

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mooka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2012, 08:51 PM
Yes on that same topic Telerik.Web.UI_2012_1_424_Dev_hotfix.zip doesn't have any release notes either for it. Maybe the button got misplaced on the latest redesign of the pages?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2012, 01:57 PM
Hi,

The release history page contains links to the release notes for major releases, like official Q release, Beta or Service Pack. The release notes for the internal build are accessible via link, next to the link you used for downloading the internal build.

Regards,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2012, 02:26 PM
There was no link. I was prompted to upgrade when opening a project in Visual Studio.

If you know the link post it here please Iana. I can't find it.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2012, 08:48 PM
Well, there was a link from the Visual Studio Extension Manager: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/4762f91c-c69f-43dc-8a69-2ec4ab27c610?SRC=VSIDE

But the Revision Notes there too are incomplete.

Thanks,
Dan
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2012, 04:26 PM
Hello,

I followed your steps and here is how you can find the release notes for the internal builds when you get them through the Visual Studio notification:
When you see the notification, you click to the "Get Now" button (see picture1). Then you get to a window, showing the latest version. On the right sire there is a link to the release notes for this version (picture2) and below are inputs for your Telerik Account log in credentials.

Another approach is to log in to your Telerik Account, from Manager Product select Latest Internal Builds and once the Available Downloads are displayed, you will see a link on the right side of the grid for the version notes.

Greetings,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 May 2012, 05:04 PM
I do not have the Get Now button anymore as you showed in picture1.png. When that showed for me I did not want to upgrade until I had evaluated the build. so I clicked the 'x' to close it. I wasn't even aware this was an internal build, btw.

Now the only way to upgrade from Visual Studio, if I wanted to, is to open the Extension Manager.

Please see the attached pics. "more infomation.png" is the page that shows when I click More information.

Regardless,
I've decided to wait for the official build as if there are bugs in the last official build, I'd rather have them occur in development so I know they exist in production. If I upgrade only my dev environment these bugs would be hidden and that I believe is pretty darn serious.

Thanks,
Dan
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 04 May 2012, 09:53 AM
Hello Dan,

Thank you for the additional information provided. I see now what really happened.
In addition, if you have questions about the Telerik VS Extensions feel free to open a support ticket and my colleagues will help you out.

All the best,
Iana Tsolova
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mooka
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team