Posted 25 Jun 2012
Link to this post
We have been evaluating Kendo UI for Asp MVC (as a replacement for Telerik ASP MVC components) for a while and it certainly looks promising! The main question here is basically: when will a RC/RTM be available and is there a list of what will be supported/will have changed from the current beta?
Specifically we are using the the Grid component heavily and would really like to see some missing features.
* Toolbar templates (like http://demos.kendoui.com/web/grid/toolbar-template.html, in the end we would like to integrate it with a autocomplete/multi-column filter, will that be possible?)
* Multiple nested details templates. We ran into problems, but read in another thread that the functionality will be completely changed, so we stopped trying here. Will it be possible to ajax-load a full template from an action?
* Show/hide columns (context menu in Telerik ASP MVC)
* Binding to null values (as per uservoice request http://kendo.uservoice.com/forums/127393-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/2949884-fix-grid-binding-to-null-values) - REALLY important to be able to replace Telerik ASP MVC
* A new, user-friendly multisort (as per uservoice request here http://kendo.uservoice.com/forums/127393-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/2949890-fix-a-new-grid-multi-sort)
Also, the list component looks like a really nice addition, hopefully one that will be server-wrapped?
Finally, we hope globalization will be implemented in full and hope for some fully-fledged examples!
All in all though, Kendo UI looks real promising!