Relative URLS

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rex Strowbridge
    Rex Strowbridge avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2008

    Posted 20 May 2008 Link to this post

    We've been running the RadEditor for sharepoint version 4.5 for a few months now, and recently our marketing has asked us to create a new domain by which to access the site. We set up all of the alternate access mappings, however, it appears that all of the links on the site are pointing to the old domain name even when the site is being accessed by via the new domain.

    For example, if I have site1 and site2 and both are pointing at my MOSS implementation all of the links say:

    <a href=http://site1/somelink>some text</a>

    regardless of if it's being accessed via site2.

    I tried changing the StripAnchors... Property and it didn't seem to make a difference. Can anyone help or are we going to have to redo several thousand links?
  2. George
    George avatar
    859 posts

    Posted 23 May 2008 Link to this post

    Hi Rex,

    You can use the editors StripAnchorPaths property set to true to strip the page's domain but it will be applied only when the editor's content is saved. So, you will have to go trough all the pages.

    What we suggest and believe that will be the best approach is to write a SQL Query that will change all urls in the DataBase - unfortunately we cannot provide the desired code. The best place to ask for such a query is the SharePoint Server 2007 Developer Portal.

    Sincerely yours,
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center

Back to Top