This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Re-configure previously installed Telerik on Visual Studio 2012

6 Answers 164 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vinicius
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vinicius asked on 21 Oct 2013, 06:37 PM
Hi,
I have a non-trial "RadControls for Winforms" installed in my computer working with Visual Studio 2010, and now I recently installed a new Visual Studio 2012. After the installation I couldnt find the Telerik's tab on VS2012 or the extensions for toolbox, can I configure it without re-installing the entire Telerik's packet? Thanks!

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 22 Oct 2013, 01:58 PM
Hello Vinicius,

Thank you for contacting us.

You don't need to re-install the product. You can use the offline MSI installer for the WinForms product. You need to run it, select Change, and then enable the Visual Studio 2013 feature.
Another option is using the Telerik Control Panel. First you'll need to log in, select the WinForms product, check the TURN FEATURES ON\OFF option and then enable the Visual Studio 2013 Integration feature on. Note that you have to log into the Control Panel with account that have a valid or expired license for the version of the WinForms product you have installed. Otherwise you won't be able to modify it. I checked your current account and it has no active or expired licenses for any of the products. So it is not an option if using the Telerik Control Panel for enabling the VS2013 integration.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 May 2014, 10:31 PM
I can't believe how much time I am wasting pissing away trying to get RadForms to show up in VS 2013l.

The whole f'ing afternoon, and STILL not done.

Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 May 2014, 10:32 PM
Where, exactly, do I find the "offline MSI installer"?
Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2014, 08:13 AM
Hello Helen,

The following steps will help you in order to find and download the standalone (offline) installer for the Telerik UI for WinForms:
  1. Log in into your Telerik account
  2. Click on the DevCraft Complete menu item in the Products & Subscription menu
  3. Click on the Download Installer and other resources button on the right side of the page
  4. Open the Older Versions link in the UI for WinForms product section
  5. Select the version you need
  6. Download the Automatic Installation (.msi) file

Please let us know in case further assistance is needed.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Oct 2015, 03:25 PM

I'm trying to do this today, I've just installed VS2013 and upgrdaded it to Update 5.

Now, when I open my Telerik control panel I can't turn features on/off for WinForms or WPF.

I can for Kendo, MVC etc, but for some reason it's not giving me the option on those two for Desktop development.

Any reason why this might be so?

Thanks,

Martin.

Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2015, 02:29 PM
Hello Martin,

Thank you for reopening this thread.

Have you tried to restart the Telerik Control Panel? Is the issue still occurring?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Vinicius
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Helen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Dyanko