This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Random error after last telerik update (2015 Q2)

10 Answers 72 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
Stefania asked on 30 Jun 2015, 08:25 AM

Hi,

after last release updated my treeview get the following random error:

Application_UnhandledThreadException

Output: A first-chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.dll

StackTrace:

in Telerik.Windows.Controls.TreeListView.TreeListCellsPanel.GetCellLeftOffset(UIElement child, Double childWidth)
in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewCellsPanel.ArrangeVirtualizedCell(GridViewCellBase cell, Size finalSize)
in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewCellsPanel.ArrangeVirtualizedCells(Size finalSize)
in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewCellsPanel.ArrangeOverride(Size finalSize)
in Telerik.Windows.Controls.TreeListView.TreeListCellsPanel.ArrangeOverride(Size finalSize)
in System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ArrangeCore(Rect finalRect)
in System.Windows.UIElement.Arrange(Rect finalRect)
in System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
in System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork()
in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
in MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
in MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
in MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
in System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
in SISCO.MileMATE.WinUI.Program.RunApplication(Boolean mailBugEnabled) in ****\Program.cs:riga 157
in SISCO.MileMATE.WinUI.Program.Main(String[] args) in ****\Program.cs:riga 114
in System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
in System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
in Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Jun 2015, 08:26 AM
Sorry, I mean TreeList not Treeview
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2015, 08:22 AM
Hi Stefania,

I reviewed the method that throws the exception, but I did not find any relevant clues. Would it be possible for you to send us a sample project that illustrates the issue, so that we can debug it on our side?

Regards,
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Jul 2015, 12:57 PM
How can I add the demo? I can attach only .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2015, 01:25 PM
Hello,

You can send us a ticket through our support ticket system. It has 24h priority response time and supports archive attachments up to 20MB.

Regards,
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Jul 2015, 01:56 PM
Ok thank you. I did it.
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2015, 10:56 AM
Hi,

Thank you for sending a sample project in the support ticket. The development team managed to resolve the error and the fix should be available with the next internal build.

Regards,
Dimitrina
Telerik
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Aug 2015, 09:40 AM

Hi

I just upgraded my project to the last version (2015 Q2 SP1) and I still have the same bug

Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2015, 11:22 AM
Hi,

As it turns out there are some more aspects to be considered and the fix could not be included in the Service Pack. I forwarded your question to the development team directly and they should come back to you next week with more specific information when the fix will be available.

Regards,
Dimitrina
Telerik
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Aug 2015, 06:33 AM
Hi, any update on this? I too am experiencing this issue. I'm using version 2015.2.810.1050.
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 28 Aug 2015, 06:58 AM
Hi,

The fix is now checked in production and it will be available with the next week's internal build (to be released on Monday, 31 August).

Regards,
Dimitrina
Telerik
Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stefania
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team