Random error after last telerik update (2015 Q2)

11 posts, 0 answers
  1. Stefania
    Stefania avatar
    107 posts

Posted 30 Jun 2015 Link to this post

Hi,

after last release updated my treeview get the following random error:

Application_UnhandledThreadException

Output: A first-chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.dll

StackTrace:

in Telerik.Windows.Controls.TreeListView.TreeListCellsPanel.GetCellLeftOffset(UIElement child, Double childWidth)
    in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewCellsPanel.ArrangeVirtualizedCell(GridViewCellBase cell, Size finalSize)
    in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewCellsPanel.ArrangeVirtualizedCells(Size finalSize)
    in Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewCellsPanel.ArrangeOverride(Size finalSize)
    in Telerik.Windows.Controls.TreeListView.TreeListCellsPanel.ArrangeOverride(Size finalSize)
    in System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ArrangeCore(Rect finalRect)
    in System.Windows.UIElement.Arrange(Rect finalRect)
    in System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
    in System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
    in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork()
    in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
    in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
    in System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    in MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
    in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
    in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    in System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    in MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
    in System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    in SISCO.MileMATE.WinUI.Program.RunApplication(Boolean mailBugEnabled) in ****\Program.cs:riga 157
    in SISCO.MileMATE.WinUI.Program.Main(String[] args) in ****\Program.cs:riga 114
    in System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
    in System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
    in Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
    in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

2. Stefania
    Stefania avatar
    107 posts

Posted 30 Jun 2015 in reply to Stefania Link to this post

Sorry, I mean TreeList not Treeview
  3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Ivan Ivanov
    Admin
    Ivan Ivanov avatar
    1128 posts

Posted 01 Jul 2015 Link to this post

Hi Stefania,

I reviewed the method that throws the exception, but I did not find any relevant clues. Would it be possible for you to send us a sample project that illustrates the issue, so that we can debug it on our side?

Regards,
    Ivan Ivanov
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Stefania
    Stefania avatar
    107 posts

Posted 07 Jul 2015 Link to this post

How can I add the demo? I can attach only .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
  6. Ivan Ivanov
    Admin
    Ivan Ivanov avatar
    1128 posts

Hello,

You can send us a ticket through our support ticket system. It has 24h priority response time and supports archive attachments up to 20MB.

Regards,
    Ivan Ivanov
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  7. Stefania
    Stefania avatar
    107 posts

Ok thank you. I did it.
  8. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2015 Link to this post

Hi,

Thank you for sending a sample project in the support ticket. The development team managed to resolve the error and the fix should be available with the next internal build.

Regards,
    Dimitrina
    Telerik
  9. Stefania
    Stefania avatar
    107 posts

Posted 03 Aug 2015 in reply to Dimitrina Link to this post

Hi

I just upgraded my project to the last version (2015 Q2 SP1) and I still have the same bug

10. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 03 Aug 2015 Link to this post

Hi,

As it turns out there are some more aspects to be considered and the fix could not be included in the Service Pack. I forwarded your question to the development team directly and they should come back to you next week with more specific information when the fix will be available.

Regards,
    Dimitrina
    Telerik
  11. John
    John avatar
    10 posts

Posted 28 Aug 2015 Link to this post

Hi, any update on this? I too am experiencing this issue. I'm using version 2015.2.810.1050.
  12. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 28 Aug 2015 Link to this post

Hi,

The fix is now checked in production and it will be available with the next week's internal build (to be released on Monday, 31 August).

Regards,
    Dimitrina
    Telerik
UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready