This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadWindow not working

1 Answer 43 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon Barron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon Barron asked on 04 Jun 2010, 10:26 PM

I'm trying to implement the RadWindow solution according to the article "Use RadWindow as UserControl" (http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/radwindow-how-to-use-radwindow-as-user-control.html). I literally copied and pasted the xaml and C# code from the article.

It will not compile, because the constructor call to InitializeComponent is not found. The process to recreate is pretty simple:
1. rt click, add new item, select new User Control.
2. replace the xaml from article.
3. replace the C# from the article.

Also, I cannot instantiate more than one copy of a user control that is based on a RadWindow and show it at the same time. The first instance works as expected, but when I try to create and show a second instance, I get an error after calling the Show() method on the second instance: "Value does not fall within expected range".

Versions:
Telerik.Windows.Controls: 2010.1.422.1040

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.0.30319 RTMRel

Thanks!
~J

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your interest in our controls.

Please find the attached file in which I have performed the steps you have described in your post. At our side everything seems to work properly.

If you still experience problems please send us a sample project which we can test here locally.

Greetings,
Konstantina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Jon Barron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantina
Telerik team
Share this question
or