This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTreeview

9 Answers 96 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Santosh Hegde
Top achievements
Rank 1
Santosh Hegde asked on 28 Jan 2010, 08:43 AM

Hi,

I have generated RadTreeview in silverlight. Now I want to generate different Radchart for example

RadTreeview is looking like this :

>Enterprise                                              ......................................................
     > Account Management                      .                    Chart                        .
     > Onsite Support                                .                                                     .
     > Data Center                                    .                                                      .
     > Sales                                               ........................................................

when I click Account management it has to generate Account Management related Radchart when I click Onsite support It has to generate Onsite Support related Radchart. etc...

Hey for this can you please send some sample silverlight application with bind the Datacontext of the radchart and  RadTreeView.SelectedItem. I need one sample application I went through all your Telerik documentation and sales Dashboard but I did't understand.
Hey Please provide small application demonstrating this.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2010, 08:30 AM
Hi Santosh,

I have prepared a really basic integration example. Please have a look at it and let me know if you have questions on it. Also I'd suggest you go through the chart's knowledgebase and help articles, or simply post your questions in our forums. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Best wishes,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Santosh Hegde
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Feb 2010, 10:59 AM

Hi,

Thanx I got the basic idea.  Hey I am generating RadTree by using WCF Service.I need to generate when I click the Child Tree like Newyork it has to generate related Chart. How can I bind this.

>Enterprise                                              ......................................................
     > Account Management 
             > NewYork
                    >  X
                    > Y
             > Washington                              .                    Chart                        .
     > Onsite Support
            > A
            > B                                              .                                                      .
     > Data Center                                    .                                                      .
     > Sales                                               ........................................................

Hey can you modify the Previous application by using WCF service with Chart Integration.

Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2010, 12:40 PM
Hello Santosh Hegde,

Please check this KB article to see how to use the TreeView with WCF:
http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/silverlight/general/populating-treeview.aspx

The rest of the application will stay untouch, just the gathering of the data is different.

Please don't  hesitate to contact us if you need more info.

Sincerely yours,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Santosh Hegde
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2010, 03:06 AM
Hi I have generated Treeview using WCF but I am Not able to integrate with chart like below.Here when I click Child Item also it has to generate chart.

> Account Management 
             > NewYork
                    >  X
                    > Y
             > Washington                              .                    Chart                        .
     > Onsite Support
            > A
            > B                                              .                                                      .

Hey can you modify the Previous application by using WCF service with Chart Integration.

Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2010, 01:05 PM
Hi Santosh Hegde,

I wonder if you experience any problem with this scenario? Basically it should work out of the box once you have the data.

Greetings,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Santosh Hegde
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2010, 05:31 PM
Hi, I have generated Treeview like this using wcf  but the problem I am facing while generating Chart Integration like figure 2

fig-1 .

>Enterprise                                             
     > Account Management 
             > NewYork
                    >  X
                    > Y
             > Washington                              
     > Onsite Support
            > A
            > B                                                                                                    
     > Data Center                                                                                          
     > Sales                                              

fig-2.

> Account Management 
             > NewYork
                    >  X
                    > Y
     > Onsite Support
            > A

If possible please provide me small application.Using wcf treeview generation with chart integration.I hope I will get small silverlight application instead of explanation.

Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2010, 03:10 PM
Hello Santosh,

Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if you have further questions.

Greetings,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team

Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Zura Chikhladze
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 May 2010, 08:18 AM

Hi,

I have 2 issues with RadTreeView.

1. I am binding the RadTreeView with the SiteMapDataSource. The thing is the I cannot change the [Site Map] text of the Root RadTreeNode1. Instead I want to show the Menu text.  For instance: Menu,  child node goes Produtcs and etc. I am using the following code: 

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
SiteMapRadTreeView.DataSource = new SiteMapDataSource();
SiteMapRadTreeView.DataBind();
SiteMapRadTreeView.ExpandAllNodes();

}

2. How can i expand only 1 level deep the tree instead of expanding all.

Thank you. Z. 

Georgi
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2010, 09:08 AM
Hello Zura Chikhladze,

If this is Sitefinity related question, could you please post it in the Sitefinity forums?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Santosh Hegde
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Santosh Hegde
Top achievements
Rank 1