This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadToolbarButton causes postback

3 Answers 73 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ravi Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ravi Kumar asked on 09 Sep 2010, 07:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I have RadToolBar as a user control like

HeaderToolBar HTML:
<telerik:RadToolBar ID="barTopCommandBar" runat="server" Height="26px" Width="100%" OnButtonClick="barTopCommandBar_ButtonClick">
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadToolBarButton  runat="server" CommandName="ADD"  ImageUrl="~/Images/TLB_SAVE_16.gif" Text="SAVE">
         </telerik:RadToolBarButton>
 </Items>
</telerik:RadToolBar>

Code Behind:

public delegate void SaveDelegate(object sender, RadToolBarEventArgs e);
 public event SaveDelegate Save_Event;

protected void barTopCommandBar_ButtonClick(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolBarEventArgs e)
  {
            switch ((e.Item as RadToolBarButton).CommandName)
            {
                    case "SAVE":
                    Save_Event(sender, e);
                    break;
     }
  }

Now i have Contenet Page:
in this page i have Maltiview Page which have some views like View1,View2......etc.

<%@ Register Src="~/ViewControls/HeaderToolBar.ascx" TagPrefix="uc" TagName="HeaderToolBar" %>
        protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
         HeaderToolBar1.Save_Event += new WFSite.ViewControls.HeaderToolBar.SaveDelegate(HeaderToolBar1_Save_Event);
         }
 void HeaderToolBar1_Save_Event(object sender, RadToolBarEventArgs e)
        {

switch (MultiView1.ActiveViewIndex)
            {
                case 0:
                    // Doing some
                    break;
            }
      }

Now my question.... how to do parital update view1 (view1 is inside the asp.net panel like pnlView1) using RadAjexManager with AjaxSettings and RadAjaxLoadingPanel1 programmatically in code behind.

Thanks
Ravi 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2010, 01:43 PM
Hello Ravi,

Try adding a dynamic ajax setting where the RadToolBar updates the pnlView1 control. Find more information here.

Best wishes,
Iana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ravi Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Sep 2010, 11:00 PM

Thanks for reply.i have tried this like

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
     //RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(HeaderToolBar1, pnlView1, RadAjaxLoadingPanel1);
}

and doing parital update but my mein problem is RadAjaxLoadingPanel1 donot showing the "SPINNER". i think some think going wrong.

thanks
-Ravi

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 13 Sep 2010, 11:57 AM
Hello Ravi,

Could you please confirm that the RadAjaxLoadingPanel is declared in the same page/user control for which the Page_Load event is handled and if its Skin property is set to any of the buil-in Skins? If yes, I would ask you to send us a sample project illustrating your scenario for further investigation. You can open a formal support ticket where you are allowed to attach zip files.

Sincerely yours,
Iana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Ravi Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
Ravi Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1