This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTextBox multiline change w/ Q2 2012 update?

1 Answer 30 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 11 Sep 2012, 02:20 PM
I think there may have been a change of behavior in how RadTextBox controls deal with multiline input in the latest quarterly release:

Previously, when a multiline value was supplied that included line breaks (when the user hits ENTER), the text posted back would include a '\r\n' to delineate the break. Now, the text posted back seems to include just the single '\n' character to delineate the break.

Telerik - can you please confirm the change in behavior? Is there any way of having the control go back to specifying a line break via '\r\n' instead? Need to know as we're going to have to change a lot of code in order to compensate. Please advise.

Thanks,

- Mike Oliver

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 14 Sep 2012, 11:18 AM
Hello Mike Oliver,

Indeed you are correct about this change. It was introduced with the official Q2 2012 release (2012.2.607). The behavior have changed as a result of fix for the MaxLength property. The problem is that in the different browsers, the new line character is interpreted differently by the JS engine. For example in IE8 it is count as 2 symbols, while in IE9 it is 1 symbol. Our developers tried to fix that in the RadTextBox client side scripts, but it looks like they have missed this scenario.

Anyway I have a logged a bug for this behavior and notified our developers for it. Unfortunately I can not provide you with exact estimate about when it will be fixed. We will give our best to include in the Q3 2012 release expected in the mid October. Meanwhile you can follow the status of the issue in our public issue tracking system.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Martin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Input
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin
Telerik team
Share this question
or