RadTabStrip works fine locally but not working in production (windows 2008 - IIS7)

11 posts, 0 answers
  1. Nanda
    Nanda avatar
    13 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

I have 2008.2.723.20 version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll and have following config statements in web.config:

<httpHandlers>
            <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
            <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.723.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
        validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
            <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    </httpModules>

In my local system (Windows 2003 with IIS6, everything works just fine). But when I port code to production server (Windows 2008 and IIS7), tab strip control is getting displayed but nothing happens when I click it.

Please help me with this issue..

2. Helen
    Admin
    Helen avatar
    1052 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 Link to this post

Hello Nanda,

Do you receive any error?
    You can try to troubleshoot the problem:
    http://blogs.telerik.com/atanaskorchev/posts/08-07-18/web_resources_demystified_part_3_troubleshooting.aspx

Best wishes,
    Helen
    the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Margret
    Margret  avatar
    47 posts

Posted 11 Apr 2013 Link to this post

I have 2 tabstrips in my VS 2008 application.Based on the tabstrip selected, the grid 1 or grid 2 will  be populated .It is working fine in my local machine.
    But in the QA server the telerik tabs are not worked properly.I didnt get any error.What will be reason?.
  5. Helen
    Admin
    Helen avatar
    1052 posts

Posted 15 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

Do other RadControls work at your QA server?

Regards,
    Helen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  6. Margret
    Margret  avatar
    47 posts

Posted 15 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hi ,
    I have radtab strip and radgrid.Paging in radgrid in the pageload event also not working.
  7. Margret
    Margret  avatar
    47 posts

Posted 16 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hi,any update on this?
  8. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2729 posts

Posted 17 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hello Margret ,

We are not aware of such issue known issue so in order to be more helpful with solving this issue please share the code that will help us reproduce it locally.

All the best,
    Plamen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  9. Margret
    Margret  avatar
    47 posts

Posted 30 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hi all,
    I have removed the RadCompression control in the web.config file.Now ,it is working fine.
    Regards,
    Margret
  10. J
    J avatar
    1 posts

Posted 01 Nov 2013 Link to this post

THANK YOU Margret. 

I've spent the day trying to figure this problem out:  everything works fine in the development environment but not on Windows 2008 R2.

Removing RadCompression from web.config fixed it here.

I was beginning to pull my hair out.
  11. Napa
    Napa avatar
    9 posts

Posted 09 Jun 2014 Link to this post

I have 4 tabstrips in my VS 2010 application.Based on the tabstrip selected, page will  be populated .It is working fine in my local machine.
    But in the QA server (Windows 2008 and IIS7), tab strip control is getting displayed but nothing happens when I click it..I didnt get any error. Please help me with this issue.
  12. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2729 posts

Posted 10 Jun 2014 Link to this post

Hello,

If you have tried the suggested in this thread Removing "RadCompression from web.config" and the issue still persists please share the exact code that you are using so we could test the issue locally and be able to inspect the issue at our side and be more helpful.

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017