This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTabStrip/Multipage broken with 2008 SP1

6 Answers 96 Views
TabStrip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
CSurieux asked on 16 May 2008, 11:21 AM
Hello,

I simply changed my telerik.web.UI.dll to the new 515 version and half of my RadTabStrip stopped synchronising the corresponding PageView when clicked.

Anybody knowing the change originating this, I found nothing in release notes.

I also noticed that for Web20 skin, the vertical TabStrip is not displaying correctly(horizontal half background empty now) ?

CS

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Christian,

Unfortunately, the provided information does not help us much in reproducing the error. I'm afraid we could not be of much help unless we reproduce the issue on our side. It will be best if you can open a support ticket and send us a simple running project (incl. your custom skin, CSS, images, DB backup if needed and so on) demonstrating the problem (and step-by-step instructions on doing so). In that way we can reproduce and pinpoint the problems you're facing on our side, understand the logic of your application and provide a solution.

Regards,
Paul
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 May 2008, 02:46 PM
Paul,
I found the first issue: my RadTabStrip+MultiPage were created dynamically and I was not assigning an ID to the PageView but it was not a problem with v 415.
For the second issue, I have to test again but either something has changed in the Web20 or in the rendering of vertical Tabs+side by side multipage.

For this I put the RadTabStrip and then the RadMultiPage in a same table cell, adding the style float:Left to the multiPage. RadTabStrip has the TabStripAlign.Left option.
In this config right half of the TabStrip Column is blanked with RadTabs text still written correctly ?????

CS
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 May 2008, 03:54 PM
Hey look, the bug is in your demo for TabStrip skins -> select Web20 and the vertical lyout is broken.
Should I open a ticket ?
CS
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2008, 06:57 AM
Hi Christian Surieux,

Thank you for your feedback - as it turns out, it was a bug in the Web20 skin of the RadTabStrip.

Please find attached the modified skin to this thread - it has been fixed for future versions of Telerik.Web.UI.

Greetings,
Alex
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Dec 2008, 09:36 PM
I am having a similar problem. I have the latest release from Telerik ASP.Net Ajax controls. My problem is when the TabStrip is set to Vertical the SELECTED Tab appears fine. However, if I make the TabStrip orientation horizontal the TabStrip Tabs all look SELECTED. All other behaviors are working fine. In case it helps I am using the VISTA skin.
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Dec 2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Ken,

Unfortunately the information you provided is not enough to identify your problem. Can you open a ticket and/or provide us with live URL illustrating the issue or maybe send us a sample project? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
TabStrip
Asked by
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Paul
Telerik team
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2