Radspliter and safari or chrome..

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ray
    Ray avatar
    115 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2009

    Posted 30 Sep 2010 Link to this post

    Anyome managed to get spliter to work with non IE browsers?

    As simple splitter as below will display fine in IE i.e 600px high and panelbar aligned to top of pane..
    But in both safari and chrome the splitter is FULL screen height,and the panel bar is center aligned?
    What to do?.

    PS: all the lastest versions including telerick.

    Also to prove it is a telerik bug..
    1. Open in Safari,
    2. do a save as ( this saves all content and all files required for page locally)
    3. Open static page in safari or Chrome, display bug..
    4. Open static files in IE works fine..

    Do the same with IE, produces same result..
    In fact there appears to eb no difference between IE and Safarie, i.e telerick does not produce any different code, dependign on brower type.. Given the issues with alignment/css processing this seems to be a fundermantal logic flaw..

     

     

    -- code

    <telerik:RadSplitter id="RadSplitter1" runat="server" BorderWidth="0" height="600px" Width="100%" LiveResize="True">

     

     

     

     

     

    <telerik:RadPane id="left" runat="server" BorderWidth="0" minwidth="30" maxwidth="200" width="100">

     

     

     

     

     

    <telerik:RadPanelBar runat="server" ID="RadPanelBar1" Width="100px" >

     

     

     

     

     

    <CollapseAnimation Type="None"></CollapseAnimation>

     

     

     

     

     

    <Items>

     

     

     

     

     

    </Items>

     

     

     

     

     

    </telerik:RadPanelBar>

     

     

     

     

     

    </telerik:RadPane>

     

     

     

     

     

    <telerik:RadPane id="main" runat="server" BorderWidth="0" minwidth="600" maxwidth="1500" width="1000">

     

     

     

     

     

    </telerik:RadPane>

     

     

     

     

     

    </telerik:RadSplitter>

     

     

     

  2. Svetlina Anati
    Admin
    Svetlina Anati avatar
    2795 posts

    Posted 01 Oct 2010 Link to this post

    Hello Ray,

     I already answered your support thread and for your convenience I pasted my reply below:


    I built up a test page based on your code but unfortunately to no avail - I could not reproduce the problem. That is why I prepared a few screenshots for you and attached them for your reference. You can also find my test page attached - please let me know whether I am doing something wrong and once I am able to observe the issue locally I will do my best to help.

    All the best,
    Svetlina
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Ray
    Ray avatar
    115 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2009

    Posted 01 Oct 2010 Link to this post

    Mmm..

    In two year telerick have not been unable to find, or fix a single reported problem...
    This, would appear to be no exception..

    For those of you who have the problem.. After many hours of working though their code..
    a) the problem is actually in the  garbage code generated by this control, in fact it should NOT work with IE either, the compatablity mode is allowing this to dispaly, and then dependign on OS and configuration..
    b) looking though the code there is absolutely no thought about the published differences between "mozilla" cleints and IE eather with regards to positioning issues simply google valign=top and safari, IE etc..
    c) The problem can be found without any test pages, it is pretty obvious once you realise that it is nothing a user can do it is purely the controls code generation which is the issue.
    d) Once you get this far, the real problem is how to work around this bug, as Telrick will never fix this like all the other bugs..
    It turns out that one cannot simply add work arround in styles or ccsclasses and there are other bugs with this control which prevent such work arounds from actually flowing though to the generated code ( see other threads on this outstanding issue, the controls  simply drop these)..
    e) The solution we found was to brute force a page hack, to override the buggy code generated and allow all the browsers to work,until we mode the code base to fix the problem..

    -- end thread

     

Back to Top