I just created a page trying to reproduce the problem Shaun is having. I added five scenarios there:
- RadMenu placed directly to the page;
- RadMenu placed in a user control, which instance is placed directly to the page;
- The user control loaded on Page_Load;
- The user control loaded on button postback;
- The user control loaded via an AjaxCall on a button click;
To my regret I was not able to locate the double script rendering.
Shaun, can you please, help me reproduce the problem?
I'm sorry for the problem you've had with the documentation - we are now working on solving it and we will upload it later today or early tomorrow.
As a preliminar information - basically the usage of RadScriptManager
does not have any differences than the usage of the ScriptManager
, so you should not face a problem using it as far as you have the HttpHandler
declared in the web.config file.
To help us find the problem faster you can try disabling the script merge by setting the EnableScriptCombine
to false and check if this will temporarily elliminate the problem.
I'm looking forward to your reply.
the Telerik team