radSchedulerNavigator.TimelineViewClick Event Not showing up in Q2 2010 or Q2 2010 sp1

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Brennan
    Brennan avatar
    5 posts

Posted 02 Sep 2010 Link to this post

I cannot seem to find this event in the event list.  Is this a known issue?  The API says it should be there...
  2. Dobry Zranchev
    Admin
    Dobry Zranchev avatar
    348 posts

Posted 07 Sep 2010 Link to this post

Hi Brennan,

Thank you for contacting us. There is no dedicated event, specific for the timeline view. However, you can use the Click event of RadScheduler. When handling the event you can get the element under mouse by using SchedulerUIHelper class methods (GetCellAtPoint, GetAppointmentAtPoint etc.) 

Please consider the following code snippet:

void radScheduler1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        DayViewAppointmentsTable table = (this.radScheduler1.SchedulerElement.ViewElement as SchedulerDayViewElement).DataAreaElement.Table;
        SchedulerCellElement schedulerCell = SchedulerUIHelper.GetCellAtPoint(Cursor.Position, table.Children);

System.Collections.Generic.List<SchedulerDayViewElement> dayviews = new System.Collections.Generic.List<SchedulerDayViewElement>();
        dayviews.Add(this.radScheduler1.SchedulerElement.ViewElement as SchedulerDayViewElement);
        AppointmentElement appointmentElement = SchedulerUIHelper.GetAppointmentAtPoint(Cursor.Position, dayviews);
    }

I hope this helps. If you have other questions, feel free to write me back.

Sincerely yours,
    Dobry Zranchev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for WinForms is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Brennan
    Brennan avatar
    5 posts

Posted 07 Sep 2010 Link to this post

Is this possible in timelineview though?  I haven't been able to access individual cells in timelineview up to this point.  For example, there isnt a DataAreaElement in timelineview etc.
  5. Dobry Zranchev
    Admin
    Dobry Zranchev avatar
    348 posts

Posted 10 Sep 2010 Link to this post

Hi Brennan,

Thank you for writing back.

In order to check which cell is clicked in the Timeline View, you can use the following code snippet:
    TimelineAppointmentsPresenter presenter = (this.radScheduler1.SchedulerElement.ViewElement as SchedulerTimelineViewElement).Presenter;
    SchedulerCellElement schedulerCell = SchedulerUIHelper.GetCellAtPoint(Cursor.Position, presenter.Children);

I hope that this will help you. If you have other questions, feel free to write back.

Sincerely yours,
    Dobry Zranchev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items