This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadRichTextBox

3 Answers 136 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matthias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matthias asked on 03 May 2011, 06:59 AM
Hi,

I am trying to get a print preview of a RadRichTextBox as follows:

RadRichTextBox tb = new RadRichTextBox();
tb.Document = CreateCodeBehindDocumentWithTable(); // <- from demo project, inserts some stuff
tb.PrintPreview();

I dont get any exceptions, but nothing happens.
A thread in the Silverlight forum says I have to refrence Telerik.Windows.Document and Telerik.Windows.Documents.FormatProviders.Html, but the problem is still present.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Best Regards,
Matthias

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boby
Telerik team
answered on 03 May 2011, 10:16 AM
Hello Matthias,

Actually Html printing and Html print preview is not implemented in WPF version for now. We will immediately update documentation for this method.
We decided to not implement this for now, as with native WPF printing, the print preview is what RadRichTextBox visualizes itself, and this is the most accurate representation of the document.
Could you share more details about your scenario, so we can take them into consideration when we start implementing this feature?

Kind regards,
Boby
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Matthias
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your answer.

I thought there was a real print preview like the xps printpreview in wpf.
Boby
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi Matthias,

We will add the XPS print preview to our to-do list. Unfortunately we cannot provide you with a fully working workaround with the current version.
We have awarded you some Telerik points in appreciation for this good suggestion.

Best wishes,
Boby
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
Matthias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boby
Telerik team
Matthias
Top achievements
Rank 1