This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadRibbonSplitButton causing problems with the Visual Studio 2013 Designer

6 Answers 43 Views
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eric asked on 15 Jul 2015, 09:02 PM

I am using Visual Studio 2013 with Telerik 2015.2.623.45 and I am seeing some very odd behavior with the Designer when I add a RadRibbonSplitButton to a RadRibbonView. Here is my simple test code.

<telerik:RadRibbonView>
  <telerik:RadRibbonTab Header="Home">
    <telerik:RadRibbonGroup Header="Search">
      <telerik:RadRibbonSplitButton Text="Sketch" Size = Large" />
    </telerik:RadRibbonGroup>
  </telerik:RadRibbonTab>
</telerik:RadRibbonView>

When I am trying to type more XAML into the XAML tab (and the Designer is not even open, its minimized) the Designer keeps opening and selecting the RadRibbonSplitButton. Its very add (and extremely frustrating) that while I am typing or using the keyboard in the XAML tab the Designer will just take over and open directly on top of everything. I added a color picker as the content of the RadRibbonSplitButton and the color picker will draw on top of the XAML and the designer is minimized (collapsed). As it stands right now I can't even use the RadRibbonSplitButton or my Designer just takes over.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2015, 01:35 PM
Hello Eric,

Unfortunately I should confirm that this reproduces again with Q2 2015 binaries. I logged the issue in our feedback portal where you might track its status (here is a link to it).

You might find your Telerik points updated as a sign of gratitude for reporting the bug to us.

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2015, 04:03 PM
So Telerik 2015.2 (aka Q2) is out and the version we are using, right? So what are the chances that this would be fixed in 2015.2 SP1?
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2015, 04:53 PM
So Telerik 2015.2 (aka Q2) is out and the version we are using, right? So what are the chances that this would be fixed in 2015.2 SP1?
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2015, 01:19 PM
Hello Eric,

We won't be able to provide a fix with the upcomming Q2 SP1 release. However our developers will do their best for this to be included in one of our future internal builds (released every Monday). 

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Gord
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Mar 2016, 03:53 PM

I am  using 2016.1.112 for WPF and Visual Studio 2013 Pro (12.0.40629.00 Update 5), and I see a similar issue with the RadRibbonDropDown control.  Clicking on the xml node in the XAML pane immediately shifts focus to the Design pane, and I have to click a second time to be able to edit the content.  If I minimize the display so that I only have either the XAML or Design showing, and I have a dropdown selected in the design mode, clicking the XAML tab immediately jumps back to the Design tab.  The only way I can bring the XAML tab back up is to either show both, or select a control other than the dropdown (like a standard RadRibbonButton) then I am able to open the XAML tab.

Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2016, 08:17 AM
Hi Eric,

Unfortunately I should confirm that we reproduce the problem on our side. There is a feedback item we created where you might vote for this bug to be fixed with higher priority for the upcoming release.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
Asked by
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Evgenia
Telerik team
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1