This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadRibbon doesn't scale when Windows magnification set to 125% or 150%

1 Answer 124 Views
RibbonBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kuba
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kuba asked on 17 Jan 2014, 10:08 AM
Hi!

My application is standard WinForms Form with RadRibbonBar placed on that form. I set autoScaleMode to DPI for that form, ale unfortunately form and ribbon doesn't scale to 125 or 150%. Other forms are actually RadForms, and forms and all controls placed on themscales right. Is this have to be RadRibbonForm to scale right? Is this the only solution for my problem?

UPDATE: In fact form scales. Only ribbonbar and statusbar doesn't scale.

Cheers,
Kuba.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2014, 07:56 AM
Hello Kuba,

Thank you for writing.

I have tested this case under Windows 7 and the scaling looks right. But please note that the different operating systems are using different scaling methods. This is why I want to kindly ask you to specify the exact operating system that you are using along with the exact version of our controls. This will allow us to further investigate this case.

Also in order your application to look good in different scaling modes you should make it DPI aware. But this cannot be done by just setting the AutoScaleMode to DPI. To create a DPI aware application you should first create an additional manifest file and then handle the scaling manually. I have attached a sample application along with explanation of how the scaling works.  

I hope this information helps. Should you have any other questions, I will be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
RibbonBar
Asked by
Kuba
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or