This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadOffice2007ScreenTip

3 Answers 110 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Janusz Oldakowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Janusz Oldakowski asked on 14 Jan 2009, 08:04 PM
Hello,

Can anyone point me to information on how to add ScreenTips with images to the menu items? I tried your help but could not find anything. The examples do not have anything on this topic as well, and I thought that it was pretty straight forward to add text there, but it does not seem to be working as I would expect. Thanks for your help.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Janusz Oldakowski ,

Thank you for the question.

You can add ScreenTip to RadMenuItem by using its ScreenTip property. You can find detailed directions on how to do that in our online help section.

Do not hesitate to contact me again, if you need additional assistance.

All the best,
Martin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Janusz Oldakowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2009, 01:54 PM
Hello Martin,

Thanks for this info, but these are simple steps to get the screen tips displayed. What I have a problem with is displaying multi-line text, and also displaying the footer. Eventhough I type multiple lines or single long line, only portion of the text is displayed. It looks like it is truncating it. Also RadLineItem, RadImageItem, and RadLabelElement for the footer are not showing up, eventhough I set them to be enabled and visible. Are there any other properties that need to be set? Do these function at all? I have the Dec 17 version of the controls. Can you provide code that will show multi-line text, and also show footer? Should I be seeking this help through forums or opening  a service ticket? Thanks for your help.
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Janusz Oldakowski,

Thank you for getting back to me.

You can display multi-line text in two ways: add '\n' in the text string or using html formatting. Unfortunately, we still experience some issues of showing footer and currently you cannot use it as supposed to work. We will address this in the next release Q1 2009. You can add an image in MainTextLabel element. It also provides standard properties for text and image formatting. Please, review the code-block below:
private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
{  
    this.radMenuItem1.ScreenTip = this.CreateScreenTip();  
}  

private RadOffice2007ScreenTipElement CreateScreenTip()  
{  
    RadOffice2007ScreenTipElement screenTip = new RadOffice2007ScreenTipElement();  

//Caption  
    screenTip.CaptionLabel.Text = "This is a caption";  

//Body  
    screenTip.MainTextLabel.Text = "<html>First <b>Row</b><br>Second <b>Row</b>";  
    screenTip.MainTextLabel.Image = Image.FromFile("asterisk.gif");  
    screenTip.MainTextLabel.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleLeft;  
    screenTip.MainTextLabel.TextImageRelation = TextImageRelation.ImageBeforeText;  
    screenTip.MainTextLabel.Margin = new Padding(1);  

screenTip.EnableCustomSize = true;  

return screenTip;  

About forum post versus support tickets you should keep in mind that forum posts are with lower priority. We do our best and answer almost all forum questions, but a bit slower than the support tickets. Also if you choose to post in the forum you cannot take advantage of your Priority Support subscriptions but on the other hand all the community benefits form the answer. If you need faster answer I suggest that you use the support system instead of our forums.

Write me back if you have other questions.

Sincerely yours,
Nick
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Janusz Oldakowski
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
Janusz Oldakowski
Top achievements
Rank 1