2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Oscar
    Oscar avatar
    21 posts

Posted 10 Jul 2012 Link to this post

Hello
    I have the following ASPX code

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="Tmonto" runat="server" SkinID="campoNT">

This used to render as the following HTML code prior to the upgrade (formatting tags removed)
    <input name="ctl00_CP1_Tmonto_text" class="riTextBox riEnabled" id="ctl00_CP1_Tmonto_text"&nbsp; type="text" />

But now it renders as:
    <input name="ctl00$CP1$Tmonto" class="riTextBox riHover" id="ctl00_CP1_Tmonto"&nbsp; type="text" />

The control ID has changed!? However, I have a lot of script code that references "ctl00_cp1_Tmonto_text"  !
    Do I need to change all such code? Is there some setting that allows "old style" rendering? Which are now the "rules"? is" _text" no longer appended?

2. Kostadin
    Admin
    Kostadin avatar
    1711 posts

Posted 11 Jul 2012 Link to this post

Hi Oscar,

The difference in the ID is introduced in both rendering modes currently available for RadInput. There is no setting or property for allowing old style rendering and you would need to change all pieces of code that look for an ID having "_text" in it. You can take a look at this blog post to see all the changes in RadInput introduced in Q2 2012.
    Changes in RadInput in Q2 2012 version of RadControls
    At the bottom of the post you can see the changes you should do to get everything working properly.

Regards,
    Kostadin
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017