This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadNumericTextbox problem after upgrade to 2012 Q2

1 Answer 46 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Oscar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Oscar asked on 10 Jul 2012, 03:09 PM
Hello
I have the following ASPX code

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="Tmonto" runat="server" SkinID="campoNT">

This used to render as the following HTML code prior to the upgrade (formatting tags removed)
<input name="ctl00_CP1_Tmonto_text" class="riTextBox riEnabled" id="ctl00_CP1_Tmonto_text"&nbsp; type="text" />

But now it renders as:
<input name="ctl00$CP1$Tmonto" class="riTextBox riHover" id="ctl00_CP1_Tmonto"&nbsp; type="text" />

The control ID has changed!? However, I have a lot of script code that references "ctl00_cp1_Tmonto_text"  !
Do I need to change all such code? Is there some setting that allows "old style" rendering? Which are now the "rules"? is" _text" no longer appended?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kostadin
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Oscar,

The difference in the ID is introduced in both rendering modes currently available for RadInput. There is no setting or property for allowing old style rendering and you would need to change all pieces of code that look for an ID having "_text" in it. You can take a look at this blog post to see all the changes in RadInput introduced in Q2 2012.
Changes in RadInput in Q2 2012 version of RadControls
At the bottom of the post you can see the changes you should do to get everything working properly.

Regards,
Kostadin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Oscar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kostadin
Telerik team
Share this question
or