This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadNumericTextBox issue

1 Answer 50 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
rahul asked on 12 Mar 2014, 11:52 AM
Hi ,
       i use RadNumericTextBox  for User Contact Number when i enter 12 digit no value not changed on focus out  but when i enter 14 digit number in that when focus out  that time this box contain value are change they get default value"70368744177664" what a issue? so provide help full solutions.

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox  ID="txt_contact_no"   CssClass="form-control"  IncrementSettings-InterceptArrowKeys="false" IncrementSettings-InterceptMouseWheel="false" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="false"  width="80%" height="25px" Runat="server"   >
    <NumberFormat GroupSeparator="" AllowRounding="false" />                                                   
 </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
Thanks,
Rahul

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Mar 2014, 12:12 PM
Hi Rahul,

RadNumericTextBox does not support numbers that large, and this limitation comes from the JavaScript numeric parsing. JavaScript itself does not support calculations with numbers that large and RadNumericTextBox uses these calculations for parsing, storing and retrieving the entered value. For numbers that large you are encouraged to use RadInputManager and Regular Expressions with a TextBox. Please take a look into this online demo.

Thanks,
Shinu.
Tags
Input
Asked by
rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2