We have an odd problem with RadMenu. Unfortunately I haven't access to the version info at the moment but let's assume that we are using the "latest" releases of Telerik tools, IE9 and Firefox. (Update: Telerik version 2013.2.717.40)
The web site has been running for years with a home grown menu system but now we have changed to RadMenu (as the first attempt to use Telerik tools). I works like a charm for most of the time but we have one very odd problem. Occasionally, RadMenu does not fire the Click event.
It seems as - when using IE9 - RadMenu doesn't fire the Click event if a textbox has focus after a postback. Sounds odd, I know... We are able to reproduce the problem on a page that has a textbox for search argument, a Search button and a resultant gridview. If we use that page in a way that causes the textbox to have focus after a postback, the problem is present.
What SHOULD happen (and did happen before upgrading to RadMenu):
- Enter whatever you want in the textbox
- Press Enter or click Search
- Get a resultant grid (or not, if no hit)
- Hovering over a root menu item will automatically expand a submeny
- Click a submenu item
- The new page will open.
With RadMenu, the following alternatives are present:
- If the Search button is used, everything works as above. (the textbox doesn't have focus after popstback)
- If a real result is presented (regardless of if Enter or Search is used), everything works as above. (the textbox doesn't have focus after postback)
- If NO result is returned AND the Enter button was used, the textbox have focus after postback and the following happens:
- Enter something that will result in no hits
- Press Enter
- After postback, no result is presented and the input cursor is still in the textbox.
- Hovering over a root menu item will automatically expand a submenu
- The cursor in the textbox will be visible through the submenu if they occupy the same screen space.
- The first click on a submenu item will highlight that item but nothing more happens. No postback, nothing.
- Click another submenu item, or let the submenu collapse and then expand again and click the same item once more.
- The new page will open.
So, from what I can see, the FIRST click on a submenu item doesn't work if a textbox has focus after a postback.
To add to the confusion: If I manually set focus to the textbox before using the menu, everything works as expected. And please note that this is just an example - the same problem is present on all pages that has a similar functionality.
And finally...browsing the same web site with Firefox is flawless, no problem at all...
Is this a known situation?