This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadMaskedTextInput Unavailable in VS2012

1 Answer 115 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Richard asked on 20 Feb 2015, 09:24 PM
According to Visual Studio I'm using "Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions: 2014.5.1021.0."  My toolbox shows "Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX - Data Editing 2014 Q3" and my project references version 2014.3.1024.45. We're using Framework 4.5 as well (upgraded the project from 4.0 just recently).  Yes, I'm referencing the 4.5 files too:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2014\Bin45\Telerik.Web.UI.dll 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2014\Bin45\Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll

Why am I unable to see RadMaskedTextInput in the toolbox?  Instead what I see are the controls that appear to be obsolete according to your documentation (released 2014 Q2 according to documentation):

Seeing:
RadMaskedDateInput
RadMaskedMaskTextBox
RadMaskedNumericTextBox

Expecting to See:
RadMaskedNumericInput
RadMaskedCurrencyInput
RadMaskedTextInput
RadMaskedDateTimeInput

I want to use the newer input controls as they look far more flexible and frankly, less annoying. The old one's don't seem to be able to handle our requirements at all.  For example, I cannot get a RadMaskedTextBox with a non-numeric mask ([A-Za-z] in RegEx language) of any length, without the unattractive underlining.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2015, 01:18 PM
Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting us.

The "Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX" suite does contains only RadMaskedTextBox control. The controls that you are referring to are available only in the "Telerik UI for WPF", which is a completely different suite with other set of controls.

If you are building an WPF project, please upgrade the suite for the "Telerik UI for WPF" in order to get the new controls.

If any other questions arise on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Input
Asked by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
Share this question
or