I have been getting messages that the RadMaskedTextBox has been deprecated for a long time, so I figured I would replace them with the new controls (like RadMaskedTextInput).
But I can't get RadMaskedTextInput to behave in a normal way regarding cut/copy/paste, the options I use are:
But I get unexpected behaviour with cut/copy/paste:
- When I try to copy/paste it overwrites the entire text
- When I press cut it shows a mask "____" were the selected characters where, eventhough I have Mask=""
What I was expecting is the same behaviour as RadMaskedTextBox:
- When I select a part of the text and press paste it should replace the selected text only
- When I put the cursor somewhere in the text and press paste it should put the copied text after the cursor
- After text is pasted it should put the cursor after the pasted text
- When I press cut it should remove the selected characters.
Is there a flag to make cut/copy/paste in RadMaskedTextInput behave like this?
I didnt include a demo because I was able to reproduce the issue with:
The cut behaviour doesnt show as clearly because the Mask is a space in your demos, but you can for example cut some characters in the middle to see what I mean.