We highly appreciate the feedback from our clients.
The reason why such a workaround or hacks are not present in our official resources (i.e. online demos and documentations) is that they are not supported by the particular control and we cannot fully guarantee their proper functionality because:
- they have not gone through the testing process by our QAs, so they may not work in all cases.
- they are temporary solutions that might be reliable in a certain version of RadControls while in other version they might not be.
Having workaround/hacks in official resources may mislead most of our clients due to the given reasons above and therefore they can only be present in:
- feedback items, so that they are applicable for the described scenario and available for the time frame of the item. Feedback items can easily be searched and monitored.
- support tickets/forum threads so that they are applicable for a certain scenario. The forum is the place for public discussions related to RadControls and our clients can share freely their feedback, questions or workarounds with the community. You can also the search engine in order to find a particular case.
- code library or knowledge base - when the workaround is an usable code sample or an implementation of a missing feature and it is not influenced by a particular version of RadControls. If you have any ideas about such implementations you can create a code library and we will gladly award you efforts and the contribution to the community with Telerik points.
Please find below my comments on some of your points:
- JQuery hack for the marker presentation - logged as a feature request here. The feedback item has been updated with the workaround.
- CSS hack for the tooltip appearance - logged as a feature request here. The feedback item has been updated with the workaround.
- Code behind manual creation of data series to avoid issue with too many Xaxis labels - logged as a feature request here. The PITS item has been updated with the workaround.
I am not actually sure about the other points, but if they are not present in our feedback portal and they are feature request or bug report then you can open such a feedback item. You can also create a code library
entry project with similar functionality you have implemented.
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed