This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid Q1 2009 PageSizeChanged event issue.

7 Answers 246 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
PPSDevs
Top achievements
Rank 1
PPSDevs asked on 27 Mar 2009, 03:18 PM
I am using RadGrid Q1 2009 in my application. I have set the pagesize of the grid to 50. While running the application, when I change the pagesize to 10 or 20, the OnPageSizeChanged event doesn't fire. As a result of this, the grid is not binding to the datasource and the grid doesn't show up.

However, if I set the pagesize to 10, then on changing the page size, then OnPageSizeChanged event gets fired appropriately.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong or how to get around this problem.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Mar 2009, 06:37 PM
Hello Manjeet-

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Are you using a declarative data source with your RadGrid or are you doing custom ("advanced") data binding? If you're using data source controls, you shouldn't need to interact with the PageSizeChanged event. Changing the page size should happen automatically without issue. 

That said, I have observed some strange behavior with the PageSizeChanged event. It seems there are some scenarios when this event is not firing. In my own tests, when the initial page size was 5 and I changed it to 10, the event did not fire. When initial size was 20 and I changed it to 10, the event did not fire. When the initial size was 20 and I changed it to 50, though, the event did fire! Same with 10 to 20. Not sure why this behavior is inconsistent.

My paging worked, of course, despite the strange event firing because of the data source controls. If you're not using a data source control, I expect you may be having more trouble. I'd suggest opening a support ticket and reporting the (seeming) bug so that the support team can log-it for an upcoming service pack.

-Todd

Kevin Jones
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2009, 02:48 PM
I have the exact same problem.  Does anyone know of a solution?
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2009, 06:58 AM
Hi guys,

Indeed the problem can be observed with the latest official release. I have informed our developers about this issue and they will hopefully fix it for the upcoming service pack (scheduled for release in the beginning of April). Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience. I have updated your Telerik points for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Sivaparamesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2009, 02:31 PM
Could you please let me know if this problem is resolved and patch has been release or not ?
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2009, 05:33 AM
Hi Sivaparamesh,

Indeed the problem is fixed in our latest release. You can refer the the following article for details on the easiest way to upgrade.

Regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Vadimko
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Sep 2010, 10:43 AM
Hi Pavel

Good 1 April joke! 2009.
I faced the same problem with 2010.2.826.35.
Consider the markup:
<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgd" runat="server" AllowPaging="true" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
OnNeedDataSource="rdGrid_NeedDataSource" OnPageSizeChanged="rdGrid_OnPageSizeChanged"
OnItemDataBound="rdGrid_ItemDataBound" OnSortCommand="rdGrid_SortCommand" 
PagerStyle-Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric">

The rdGrid_OnPageSizeChanged handler is never called.
The POST request is executed on "Page size" RadComboBox change,
__EVENTARGUMENT= FireCommand:rgd$ctl00;PageSize;50
__EVENTTARGET= rgd
OnLoad and other page methods are executed but not that one.
NeedDataSource is called initially and on prev, next, page button clicks.

So if the page size feature is not working, how to hide it?
Besides the NextPrevAndNumeric mode name is wrong since it must display only Next, Prev and page buttons, but no page size!

Thank you
Vadim
Pavel
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2010, 08:02 AM
Hello Vadimko,

I am attaching a test page which is working as expected on my end with our latest release. Let us know how to modify it in order to replicate the undesired behavior you are experiencing.

Regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
PPSDevs
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kevin Jones
Top achievements