This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid GridBoundColumn Filtering Do Not Postback in 2014.2.724.40 Version

2 Answers 112 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kasun
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kasun asked on 21 Aug 2014, 11:22 AM
I have upgraded my asp.net web project's telerik version from 2012.3.1308.35 to 2014.2.724.40. After the upgrade I noticed that radgrid filtering does not work as expected. The issue is with GridBoundColumn filtering and when I type something in filter textbox and press enter it does not do a postback as expected. As I have found out there is a script error in the page which says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getElementsByClassName' of null". 
I tried to isolate this problem in a new asp.net web project and issue is visible in there as well so I am pretty sure this does not happen because of something related to my project.

Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kasun
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Aug 2014, 11:29 AM
There are some more information to this problem. This happened when I set EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" and Skin="" because I wanted to keep all my custom styles and didn't want to allow any embedded skins.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdSites" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" Skin=""
                AllowFilteringByColumn="True"
                OnNeedDataSource="grdSites_NeedDataSource" FilterItemStyle-CssClass="radGridFilterRow"
                GroupingSettings-CaseSensitive="false" EnableLinqExpressions="false"
                EnableHeaderContextMenu="true" AlternatingItemStyle-CssClass="alternate">
                <MasterTableView RetrieveAllDataFields="false" UseAllDataFields="false" AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                    CommandItemDisplay="Top" NoMasterRecordsText="No records"
                    AllowSorting="true" AllowPaging="true" CssClass="standardTable" PageSize="10"
                    AllowNaturalSort="false">
                    <Columns>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Name"
                            DataField="Name" UniqueName="Name" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" CurrentFilterFunction="Contains"
                            ShowFilterIcon="false" SortAscImageUrl="~/App_Themes/Default/icons/sortAscending.png"
                            SortDescImageUrl="~/App_Themes/Default/icons/sortDescending.png">
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    </Columns>
                </MasterTableView>
            </telerik:RadGrid>
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2014, 11:18 AM
Hi,

Basically it is not recommended to set Skin property to empty string. You should either set one of the built-in skins or create a custom skin and set it as a skin for the grid control. How to do that you can learn from the article below:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-appearance-skins.html

Try this out and let me know if you still encounter the same error.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Kasun
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kasun
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pavlina
Telerik team