This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadFilter loadsetting on pageload

5 Answers 96 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Y
Top achievements
Rank 1
Y asked on 10 Nov 2011, 08:30 AM
  Dear telerik,

I use a radfilter for filter the RadGrid. Now I save the value of radfilter SaveSettings function.I need load the setting when pageload.
     any idea? thanks!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
James Campbell
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Nov 2011, 10:34 AM
Hello Y,

Take a look at this, this demo shows how to save and load filter settings using RadFilter in a RadGrid:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/filter/examples/saveloadexpressions/defaultcs.aspx

Hope that helps,
Jim
Y
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Nov 2011, 02:32 AM
Hi James,
     Thanks your reply.
     But I bind the data to grid on back code.  I have save the setting string in database , I want when open the page can load the setting,and I bind the data to grid on Behind code. So this method doesn't work.
     Any idea? Thanks!
James Campbell
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Nov 2011, 10:43 AM
Y,

Try to put the loading of the filter in your Page_Load method, that should work fine, make sure to rebind. Also, make sure that you are using a Base64 string for saving and loading your settings.

Here are some more example of filters in a grid:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/filtertemplate/defaultcs.aspx

-Jim
Mira
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 12:06 PM
Hello James,

I have answered your post concerning the same issue in the RadFilter loadsetting on pageload forum thread. In order to avoid duplicate posts, I suggest that we continue the communication in it.

Regards,
Mira
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
James Campbell
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 12:35 PM
Hi Mira,

Think you meant to respond to Y, not me, I was just pointing them in the right direction.
-Jim
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Y
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
James Campbell
Top achievements
Rank 1
Y