This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadFileExplorer

5 Answers 136 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vincent asked on 29 May 2009, 09:29 PM
Hi,

I am using the RadFileExplorer, and would like to know if the ViewPath, UploadPath, InitialPath can take a UNC, such as a network path.

Another problem is around the same issue. With the RadEditor, I would like to set the paths within the ImageManager to a folder within a MOSS site. Is it possible??

Thanks,
Vincent

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 30 May 2009, 07:40 AM
Hi Vincent,

The RadFileExplorer will accept only application relative paths for the View, Upload, and Delete paths properties (e.g. paths that start with ~/folder/ or /folder/). If you want to use it to access files outside of the web application, you will need to write a custom content provider. Here is an example that shows how to use it with an SQL database: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/fileexplorer/examples/dbfilebrowsercontentprovider/defaultcs.aspx. Here is a page from the control help, which describes the process of creating a custom provider: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radfileexplorer-custom-filebrowsercontentprovider.html

For your RadEditor question - if I understand correctly, you want to use the Image Manager to show files from SharePoint libraries. This is already possible with the RadEditor for MOSS product, which you can get from the downloads page for the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. The MOSS editor has a custom content provider that connects with SharePoint libraries instead of physical files in the web application. This way you can browse and upload files directly in the libraries.

Sincerely yours,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jun 2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Lini,

Regarding the FileExplorer issue, I tried overriding the method "public override string StoreFile(UploadedFile file, string path, string name, params string[] arguments)," but the UploadedFile class seems to be within the RadUpload DLL. Is that correct? And where can I get that assebly?

Thanks,
Vincent
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2009, 07:12 AM
Hello Vincent,

No, UploadedFile is part of Telerik.Web.UI:
public override string StoreFile(Telerik.Web.UI.UploadedFile file, string path, string name, params string[] arguments) 
    throw new NotImplementedException(); 

More information on the subject is available in the documentation link that Lini provided in his previous post.

All the best,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2009, 04:13 PM
Hi,

Regarding the RadEditor issue, say I use the RadEditor for MOSS product, can I still create an instance of the RadEditor in code and use the custom content provider that connects with SharePoint libraries??

Thanks,
Vincent
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2009, 06:41 AM
Hi Vincent,

If you are using the Lite version of the RadEditor for MOSS (v. 4.xx), then you cannot use the editor in a custom solution/web part. If you are using the full-featured RadEditor for MOSS (v. 5.xx) then you simply create an instance of the MOSSRadEditor class from the RadEditorSharePoint assembly and you will have an editor that connects to the SharePoint libraries. For more information, see our online documentation - http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radeditor-in-custom-moss-solutions.html.

Regards,
Lini
the Telerik team

Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
Vincent
Top achievements
Rank 1