Thanks in advance for your assistance.
We've been using the RadEditor for years now. When we recently updated the Telerik controls to the 2015.3.1111.40 version we experienced a very significant slowdown in responsiveness. It became virtually un-useable due to the delay between a keystroke and the echo of that keystroke.
We were able to improve the situation somewhat by clearing the modules in our code-behind. The delay is still significant, more delay than before the update to the 2015.3.1111.40 version and not really acceptable to our users but at least they are able to edit documents now.
As another attempt to resolve this problem we tried updating again - to the 2016.1.113.40 version. That had no noticeable effect on the problem.
What do you suggest as a way to restore our use of the RadEditor to its previous responsiveness?
Here is the source from the web page where we define the RadEditor control:
<telerik:RadEditor ID="reContent" ContentAreaMode="Iframe" EditModes="Design,Preview" ToolbarMode="Default" ToolsFile="~/Telerik/ToolsFile.xml" ContentAreaCssFile="EditorContentArea.css" AutoResizeHeight="true" Width="100%" runat="server">
<ImageManager MaxUploadFileSize="1000000" EnableImageEditor="true" />
<SpellCheckSettings DictionaryPath="~/Telerik/RadSpell" AllowAddCustom="false" SpellCheckProvider="EditDistanceProvider" EditDistance="2" FragmentIgnoreOptions="All" WordIgnoreOptions="UPPERCASE,WordsWithNumbers" />
Here is the source from the code behind - from the Page Load sub - where we added code to clear the modules to help with performance.
reContent.ImageManager.ViewPaths = Split(ImageManagerURL)
reContent.ImageManager.UploadPaths = Split(ImageManagerURL)
reContent.ImageManager.DeletePaths = Split(ImageManagerURL)
If so.Manage_Security Then
reContent.EditModes = Telerik.Web.UI.EditModes.All